Snow

Damian sat in the car, his leg bouncing anxiously.

Anya was on the other side of town. It was late. And it was snowing.

Why the hell would she be on he other side of town?

"How much farther?" He asked his driver.

"About 15 more minutes sir."

"If you can, please hurry."

The man nodded, speeding up a little.

Anya didn't seem lost in the phone call.

She went there on purpose. But why?

It was 11:00 pm and it was snowing for God's sake.

He had brought coats, hats and scarves if she didn't have anything to warm her.

It had just started to snow so maybe she didn't bring any coats or jackets.

____________

Anya sat at a bench near the payphone.

It was freezing cold as she didn't have a coat. She was in her spy outfit with a cardigan on top being the only thing keeping her warm.

She didn't want to go home yet.

Sure, she could freeze to death but she loved the cold the snow gave her.

She loved the soft, cool breeze. She loved the darkness. She loved the peace.

But silence is what she enjoys the most in nights like these.

Being a spy, her life is full of violence. Letting your guard down is a dangerous move. She was rarely at peace.

She couldn't have silence without being anxious.

That's part of the reason she grew to love the night.

It gave her the silence and peace she was craving.

Nighttime gave her the opportunity to think. She doesn't think about her responsibilities. She thinks about her life.

While it may be depressing, she loved it.

Thinking about it allows her to reflect on just about everything.

She sees what she skipped over during the day.

When the sun is out, she's all over the place trying to do her academics and her spy work at the same time.

The night usually makes her realize what she didn't before.

She let out a sigh, her breath visible due to the cold.

Her mom has to be home by now.

'It's late. Ha-ha must be worried about me. I have to go back now.'

She stood up from the bench and started to walk towards the direction her house was in.

She was honestly exhausted.

She didn't get a wink of sleep as she was busy finishing her missions all night.

Then she was studying for a quiz at dawn.

She went to school, spent half the day there, and quickly left whent they were allowed to go home to give her mission reports to Handler.

She then went home to study and left to go to the meeting.

She wasn't sure if she could make it back home but she should at least try.

Her boots caused some footprints in the thickening layer of snow as she walked.

She didn't get far however when a light came from behind her and a hand grabbed her arm.

She turned around, readying herself to fight.

It wasn't an enemy who had grabbed her though. It was a green haired Desmond.

"Sy-on boy?"

"What the hell were you thinking?! Why are you at the other side of town at 11pm?!" He gritted his teeth, the stupidity of the Forger getting on his nerves.

"Work stuff..." She mumbled, refusing to meet his eyes.

He had come out just to get her because she was stupid enough not to go home right away.

He huffed and dragged her to the car, pushing her inside.

"I can go home myself. "

"No you can't. There's no buses close to this area. And even if there was do you even have any money? It's snowing too." He says as he closes the car door.

"To the Forger home." He says to his driver.

The man nodded as he started to drive.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. But you owe me." Damian smirks as he wraps a coat he got from the front seat around Anya's shivering body.

"Yes, I know." Anya chuckles as she pulls the coat closer, only now realizing how cold she was.

"Can you turn up the heat please?" Damian asks the driver.

The man reaches over and turns the knob to increase the heat.

It gradually starts to get warmer inside the vehicle and Anya breaths out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you."

____________

Anya stepped out of the car, Damian following after her.

She removes the coat from her shoulder and folds it as neatly as she could.

"Thank you for the ride. I don't know what I would've done without you." She smiles at him as she holds out the coat for him to take.

"You will probably freeze to death." Damian jokes as he takes the coat from her hands.

"Yeah, probably."

"In this winter season it's best if you take a jacket or a coat with you. You can use the coat I gave you."

Anya nods.

"And wear longer clothes. What he hell were you doing wearing that in December?" He gestures to the skirt and stockings she was wearing.

"Ah, it's my work uniform..." She says, a bit embarassed.

"Well ask your boss or whatever if you can wear something else for the season."

"I will."

"I'll see you. Don't go out without a jacket at least." He reminds before stepping inside the car.

"Yes, yes. Arigato!" She smiles as he shuts the door and the car drives away.

She sighs, turning to the building.

If her parents were there, she was for sure going to get a scolding.

_____________

A/N: hello! Sorry this was a bit short. The writing isnt that good either. So sorry that there's not much progression in the story. I got too deep into the filler chapters😅 I'll try my best to get the actual plot to start soon.