Home

Loid stood by the wall, listening to the conversation happening in the alley just around the corner.

He held a newspaper, pretending to read as to not make people suspicious.

He was away on a mission, towns away from home. He wanted to finish this quickly so he can return and see his family.

Unfortunately, this job cannot be rushed.

"Alright fine. My guy works for Desmond. He can get some money. But I'm telling you, you will be in a sh-tton of debt." The man said in a gruff and threatening voice.

"I don't care. I need the money. My wife cannot know what I spent her money on." The other answered.

Loid gritted his teeth.

What kind of husband would spend his wife's hard worked money on gambling and bring them into even more debt by borrowing?

These type of men absolutely disgusts him.

"I'm surprised she hadn't divorced you yet. You're a jerk of a husband!" The guy chuckled.

"Anyway, I'll get you the money. But if Desmond finds out about it, you're going down with us. Got that?"

That was all he needed to hear.

He had the proof.

He was sent here on a mission because the branch of WISE in this town had suspected an infiltration plan.

This would be none of their business but nothing can interrupt their work on arresting Donovan.

These guys are absolute amateurs. Donovan will surely find out. He would most likely tighten his security then and that's not what they need right now.

While they may be amateurs, they are still dangerous. This branch of WISE has mostly trainees. The experienced professionals are away on other missions.

Loid walked away, stopping the recording.

××××××××

"Good job as always Twilight. We will send a message to the clean up team." The man said as he stopped the audio.

"And don't you worry. We will make sure this doesn't get out to anyone." The man promised.

"Good. I'm going." Loid said as he put on his hat.

"Thanks for your work Agent. We will send out report to your headquarters. Safe travels." The man bowed his head a thankful smile on his face.

Loid nodded and turned to walk out.

He could finally go home. Oh how he missed his family.

It was only when he was out of town for a mission does he realize that he's grown attached to them. He couldn't bear the thought of being alone again.

But a small part of him is angry at him. Spies weren't suppose to get attached to someone.

Much less were they suppose to have a family.

But a bigger part of him is proud. He finally has a family. A home to come home to.

And he's even more proud of his girls.

Anya had a rocky start, sure but she improved. She worked on improving herself. She gets good grades and is a few steps away from being a scholar.

Yor is still an assassin of course. But he's still proud regardless. It's hard killing people even if it's for the greater good. He didn't know she managed to get so strong. Everytime she comes back from a mission all sweaty and covered in blood, he wishes there was something he could to show his respect.

He didn't know how or why it happened but he just glad that he never has to be alone again.

××××××××

Loid stood in the room of an inn, folding his dirty clothes and packing them into a plastic bag.

It was 3:00 pm. He would get to go home today.

Once finished, he put the plastic inside the duffel bag and went on to fix his unused clothes.

A driver would come pick him up at 4 and it was a 3 hour ride. With traffic, it will probably take him 4-5 hours instead.

He didn't tell Anya or Yor about his arrival. He wanted to surprise them.

When he put the last shirt in the bag, he zipped it up and went to the bathroom to wash up.

He opened the sink and splashed his face with water, washing away any dirt that could have stuck.

He then wet his hair a little using his hands and reached for the comb on the shelf by the mirror.

After that, he took the toothbrush and squeezed out some toothpaste. He put the brush under water and brought it up to his mouth to brush.

Once he was done cleaning himself, he grabbed some clothes he left out of the bag.

It was a white shirt, a brown sweater since it was nearing winter, and light brown khakis.

He wasn't going to headquarters when he gets home so he decided for a comfortable and casual outfit.

When he got out, it was nearing 4 so he put on his shoes, grabbed his duffel bag, and left the room.

He checked out and thanked the lady at reception and left the inn.

He found a bench outside the place so he sat and waited for the car.

However, it was already 30 minutes past 4 and the car was still not there. He got worried and went back inside the inn.

"Oh, hello sir. Did you forget something in the room?" The lady asked as he saw his familiar face.

"No. I just need to call someone. Do you have a phone I can use?"

"Oh, yes sir. Here." A telephone was brought out onto the counter and he dropped his bag to the floor.

He dialed Handler's number to make sure he was talking to the correct person.

After a few rings, she picked up.

"Hello, this is Sylvia, what can I help you with?"

"Handler. It's me."

"Oh, hello Twilight. Good job on the mission. They just sent me the report a little while ago." She said.

"Where's the car? It's almost 5 and it's still not here." He asked, getting straight to the point.

"Ah. The car. It got stuck in a little traffic jam. It won't be there for another while."

Hearing that, he cursed under his breath.

"Alright. Thank you." He didn't wait for a response and put the phone down.

He thanked the lady and walked out, deciding to just walk around while he waits.

×××××××

A/N: yea so this was sloppy writing. I got lazy towards the end so sorry for that. This was honestly a pretty boring one to write since it's only focused on Loid. The ending was rushed and horribly written so please don't judge me🙃