Visit

Anya stared at the blueprint laid out on the coffee table with her brows furrowed in concentration.

She was in deep thought about how to do the mission properly. One small mistake could risk the entire operation.

They couldn't afford to have a single flaw in their plan.

She was the youngest agent involved in Operation Strix but the organization had decided to give her the leading role in the mission as she played a bigger part than her father.

The leading role was very much stressful but she loved it nonetheless. She loved being in charge. She loved how people trusted her enough to give her the position.

No matter how many times she looked at it she couldn't find a way to get in his office.

There were very little air vents and the ones that were there were nowhere near close the office.

She had marked down all of the places guards could be placed.

So far they cover most of the mansion including the levels above.

Anya sighed heavily and leaned back onto the couch.

She could feel a headache coming in.

"You still haven't found an opening?" Loid asks, not looking up from his newspaper.

He sitting in the chair across from her with his foot on top of his knee.

"No, unfortunately. The mansion will be covered head to toe in guards. There's no air vent that can lead us inside."

"How about a disguise?" He puts down his newspaper and looks at her expectantly.

"That's out of the question. If we dress as one of the guests it could look suspicious and the guards might see the person we dressed as. It could cause trouble."

Anya crossed her arms, biting her lip.

"Anya-san! Loid-san! It's time for lunch!" Yor called as she began setting the table.

Anya stood up, sighing quietly as she made her way to the table.

"Are still having trouble planning?" Yor asks as she places the food down.

Anya only nodded.

Yor continued to move around the kitchen to get the utensils and came back to distribute them.

Once the table was set, she sat in her place and served herself some of the food.

"Can I do anything to help?" She asks, feeling bad that Anya and Loid had to go through the struggle, Anya for the most part.

"No. This is our mission. But if you could I would appreciate it if you continue to support us." Anya says, smiling at Yor.

"I will." Yor smiles warmly at the two of them.

"Arigato, Yor-san."

The three began to dig in to the food Yor had made.

The assassin had learned to cook more dishes over the years and it was safe to say that she was now a cook.

"Oh, by the way, Yuri is coming later." Yor says having remembered their conversation over the phone.

"For what reason, may I ask?"

"He misses me." Yor giggles, her cheeks turning a little pink.

"How is uncle? Chi-Chi says he got a promotion." Anya spoke with mouthfuls of rice.

"Don't talk with your mouth full." Loid scolds.

"He's doing fine. And yes, he got a promotion!" Yor says, ignoring Anya's muffled speech.

Anya's eyes lit up at that and started to imagine her uncle Yuri in his uniform saying cool lines while holding a gun.

A thought suddenly popped up.

"Can we ask uncle to help with the planning?" She turned to her father.

Loid hesitated to answer.

It would be risky to let Yuri know about their current goal considering that the Secret Police was still against WISE.

And while the younger Briar knew of their identities and supports them (them = his sister), it was still a big risk to let him know.

But he could help in a way.

"I don't know Anya. It's dangerous for us and for WISE but let's see." Loid replied after a moment's thought.

"Hai!"

Anya munched on her food, feeling her headache and fatigue begin to vanish with each bite she takes.

_______________

"Ne, Anya-chan, why have you been so busy?" Becky asks as she grabs her juice from the counter.

She brings out her wallet and hands the cashier some money, making sure to leave her a hefty tip.

They walk away from the juice stand and settle down at a bench by the water fountain at the center of the mall.

"I just have a busy life. Gomen ne Becky. I know I haven't been talking to you." Anya looks down at her feet, feeling so very guilty.

Becky sighs, waving her hand dismissively.

"Its alright I guess. But don't run off without telling me why! It hurts you know!" The brunette scolds.

Anya chuckles lightly.

"I'll try." She grins sheepishly.

"You better."

Anya couldn't help but giggle at how Becky's cheeks were puffed up and her posture rigid with her arms crossed.

She looked like a whining 5 year old.

The pinkette glanced down at her watch on her wrist. It was a gift from Becky on her birthday and she has been trying to wear it as much as she could.

"Becky, I need to be home soon. Can I have a ride?"

"Sure. But we can eat out if you want. Just call your parents and ask if you could stay out."

"I would love to, but my uncle is visiting tonight. We're having dinner with him so I have to go home."

Becky nodded in understanding.

"Alright then. But make sure you call me when you can. I want to know when's the next time you're free."

"Hai."

___________

Anya took off her shoes as the door shut behind her.

She then shrugged off her coat and hung it on the coat rack before proceeding inside the house.

"Taidama!" She called.

"Ah, Anya-san! Welcome home!" Yor greeted from the kitchen, turning to look at Anya when she leaned against the counter.

"Where's Chi-Chi?" The pinkette asks, drooling at the aroma of the food.

"He's just out getting some drinks. Yuri should be here in an hour or so." Yor turns back to the stove, not wanting the food to burn.

"Ah, can you clean around the house? Its pretty dirty since I haven't cleaned fro a while."

"Hai. I'll just change." Anya said and disappeared into her room.

_____________

A/N: belated Happy New Year everyone!