Forgers

A few days later

There was little progress in the main mission of Anya and Loid. But they were working hard for sure.

Anya had tutoring with Nightfall every other day and spent some time in headquarters, helping in every way she can, Loid was taking on side missions along with keeping an eye on the Desmonds, and Yor was supporting them.

Needless to say, it has been a long week. Now it was Saturday. The Forgers had made plans to go out for the afternoon.

As for their morning, well it was up to them how they spend their time.

Anya and Yor were at home doing whatever needs to be done.

Loid was headed to headquarters to discuss the plan with Handler. He was dressed in his usual green suit, hat, and briefcase.

He honestly wanted to retire. He loved his job but it was too tiring for man his age. He wasn't that old but he was nearing forties.

He wanted to stop and let the others take over.

But he couldn't. Not yet. Not until they finish their mission and not until Anya finishes college.

×××××××

He sat down in front of Handler and they shared a small hello before getting to business.

"So Twilight, what's your plan? Over a decade has passed since Operation Strix begun. Yet you are not even close to completing it. Should I assign this mission to someone else?"

She threatened, obviously frustrated at the amount of time it consumed.

"No ma'am. We may not have completed it yet but we already achieved the main goal of this mission." He responded calmly.

She raised an eyebrow.

"The purpose of this operation was to prevent Donovan from starting a war. We achieved it years ago. Now our goal is to arrest him." He explained.

"Yes it's true. You stopped his plans a long time ago without needing Starlight as a scholar. I was impressed. Forgive me for this but I am now doubting your ability to arrest him. It has been years Twilight. You are getting older. You do understand that if you do not complete this anytime soon, I will have to assign this to someone else."

"My age has nothing to do with this. Just give me more time Handler. We're making progress faster than I did before my family found out. I just need more time. Anya and I are working hard to get to him." He pleaded.

He rarely pleads as it will hurt his pride but now seems like an appropriate situation to do so.

He couldn't have this mission handed over to someone else. Everything he had been working for would be for nothing.

It was getting harder for him to complete it due to his priorities but now that he had Anya, he is working to slowly pass most of the responsibilities to her.

When the woman only furrowed her brows, he decided to tell her his plan.

"Please Handler. I'm training Anya so that she can take on most of the mission if you don't trust me with it anymore." He admitted.

"You are planning to give Agent Starlight the mission?"

He nodded silently, unsure what she would think of it.

She let out a frustrated sigh.

"2 years. That's all the time I can give you. Since this is your mission, you may do what you want with it. However it is not Starlight's responsibility if something goes wrong."