Thorn Princess

Entering the house, she kicked the door closed and took off her shoes, placing them neatly at the side.

She walked in further, smelling food being cooked.

"I'm home!" She announced as she appeared from the corner, seeing her dad cook their dinner.

"How was the meeting?" Loid asked without turning around. Anya walked over to the counter, leaning on it as she replied.

"It was alright. I have some more tutoring sessions with Nightfall next week." She answered, eyeing the curry that was being cooked in the pan.

Loid nodded.

"I'm going to my room. I need to continue studying for my quiz tomorrow." She said and walked away towards her door.

Right when he heard the door close, Loid smiled to himself.

Anya has really grown during these last few years. She was more mature. She was much smarter too.

He thought she would never grow out of her child-like behavior but she did.

When she said she wanted to become an agent at WISE, he didn't think she could make it.

Turns out a little push is all she needed to be mature and responsible enough on her own.

The spy training was definitely tough on her.

From what he could remember, she started with her childish behavior and came out as a whole different person.

She still acts like her kid self but she knows when to be serious. She now has set limits and boundaries.

Loid couldn't be more proud.

He hated that she was going into dangerous territory but who was he to stop her?

She was determined. And nothing could change her mind once she wants something.

He was honestly shocked once he found out what a natural she was when it comes to spy work.

Her telepathic abilities are nothing more than an added feature. She does most by herself.

By now he couldn't help the grin that was in his face.

He was proud of course. Who wouldn't be?

It's very rare to have a kid balance work, friends, family, and school all at the same time.

The Eden students are far from that type of people. They are rich. They don't need to work.

He was glad that Anya didn't turn spoiled after all the time she spent at that school.

×××××××

After dinner, the two sat in the living area doing their business.

Anya was watching Bondman, Loid sat at the couch reading some work papers, and Bond slept beside the tv.

It was only 8 and they had a few more hours before it was time to sleep.

Yor was still out working meaning she wouldn't come back until late. He planned to wait for her as he always does.

"Chichi!" Anya called from her spot on the floor.

He hummed letting her know he was listening.

"Do you think we can go out this weekend?" She asked, a hopeful smile on her face.

Thinking about it for a moment, he nodded.

Her face beamed as she cheered before turning back to the tv.