Roses

Loid was walking on the sidewalk, completely exhausted.

He had just finished a mission that took him days. He didn't sleep one wink.

He doesn't know how he hasn't collapsed yet.

A small bouquet of roses was in his hand. He intended to give them to Yor.

He hasn't been spending too much time with her lately as he was busy with work.

He knows she understood very well and wouldn't ever yell at him for that but it still made him feel guilty.

She was his wife and she at least deserved time with him. She shouldn't have to put up with the bare minimum.

Actually, was he even giving her the bare minimum?

He doesn't take her out on dates, rarely gives gifts, doesn't spend a lot of time with her, relies on her for almost everything, and expects her to be a working housewife.

He was a terrible husband.

He was also a terrible father.

He was supposed to do Operation Strix by himself but he dragged his daughter into it.

He let her take over and now, she rarely comes home.

If she does, it's very late into the night. She's exhausted, barely sleeps, and is constantly working.

He has no idea how her grades are still good.

He hasn't seen Anya for weeks.

He had missed her antics terribly.

He arrived at York's workplace and stood there for a minute, trying to keep himself together.

He had decided to walk home with her after he left headquarters.

He bought a bouquet on the way but was only able to get a few as the roses were almost out of stock.

Roses are cliché but it was her favorite.

She loved its red color. She loved how it has plenty of variations. She loved its smell. And especially loved its thorns.

Taking a deep breath, he walked in.

Her shift should end soon so he was going to wait outside until she came out.

He stood in front of the office door, waiting for a red-eyed woman to show.

After a few minutes, it wasn't her who walked out.

It was her co-worker, Camilla.

"Ah, Forger-san. Here for Yor, I presume?" She teasingly raised an eyebrow.

He gave a simple nod.

"She's finishing up some work. She should be out soon." She informed him and walked away, a smirk on her lips.

Loid sighed and leaned against the wall, his body tired.

He wanted to go home and lay on the bed but the thought of being with Yor pushed that desire away.

He waited for 10 more minutes when she finally came out.

She didn't notice him and just passed by him, confusing Loid.

She seemed to be deep in thought so maybe she was distracted.

"Yor-san." He called.

She stopped and turned around, her face lighting up at the sight of him.

"Loid-san. What are you doing here?" She asked, walking over to him.

He held the flowers behind his back, wanting to surprise her with them.

"I wanted to get you."

"Why?"

He sighs.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know I don't spend time with you, and I'm sorry for that. Work has been hectic." He tried to explain, bringing out the flowers.

"You don't need to be sorry. I understand."

"I know, but that doesn't mean that you should put up with it. You're my wife. Most of my time should be spent with you." He held out the flowers.

She took it with a smile and sniffed the roses, sighing at its scent.

"It should, but considering our line of work, that's a bit hard to do."

"I'm free from work for a week. You and Anya have me for some time." He smiled, walking out of the building with her.

"How is Anya doing? I haven't seen her in a while." He mumbled.

Yor sighs sadly.

"She's sleepless. She goes home to change and leaves minutes after that for school. She rarely comes home. When she does, she's always inside her room studying or planning."

"I just talked to Handler about giving her too much work. Did she forget?" Loid thought out loud.

He would have to go to headquarters tomorrow to settle that.

"But overall, her grades seem to be great. She hasn't had any grade lower than an A-."

Loid smiles a little, happy that his daughter was able to keep her grades up.

__________

As they got home, they noticed that the lights were on.

They walked further in and found Anya collapsed on he couch.

She was still in her spy outfit, but some of it has been discarded and thrown all over the living area.

"A-Anya-san?" Yor called, checking if she's awake.

"Starlight." Loid said firmly, knowing it will be the name to wake her up.

And just as he predicted, her eyes snapped open and she shot up, frantically looking around.

She sighed in relief when she saw her parents.

"Chi-Chi, ha-ha. Do you need me to cook?" She immediately stood up, going to the kitchen.

"Ah, no. Are you okay?"

Anya nodded.

"Alright, well get some rest. You need it." Loid says, directing Anya to her room.

After Anya shut the door, Loid went around the living room collecting her clothes.

Yor cleaned the kitchen, finding a mess on the stove.

After the house was clean once more, they both sat on the couch, silently agreeing on their concern for Anya.

"I don't think I'll let her continue being a spy after this. She's not taking care of herself."

"What kind of parents are we for letting her become an agent?"

___________

A/N: unfortunately this is still on hiatus😔 sorry for the sloppy chapter.