Twilight

It was mid morning. While Anya was at school and Loid was doing missions, Yor was doing her job at city hall.

The workplace was quiet, with the clacking of keys and the scratches of  pen against paper being the only sounds that were audible.

Yor was at her desk, currently in the process of drafting a letter that was to be sent to a shop a few blocks away.

After reading it over to make sure there were no mistakes, she pulled it away from the typewriter and walked over to Sharon's desk.

"Sharon-san, this is the letter to be sent to that antique shop. Are there any changes that need to be made?" She asks, handing the paper to the woman.

Silently, Sharon took the paper and scanned its contents for a few moments before handing it back to Yor.

"No changes are to be made. You can send it in." She says in a monotone voice, as she turns back to her own letter.

"Alright. Arigato." Yor thanks, bowing a little before scurrying off back to her desk.

She grabbed a pen and wrote down the address the letter was to be sent to on the envelope and placed the folded piece of paper inside neatly.

She sealed the envelope shut before getting up to put it a cart that had a small pile of papers that needed to be mailed.

She glanced up at the clock above her and sighed, seeing that there was still a few hours left before she can leave.

Suddenly feeling her throat go dry, she went into the break room and got herself a glass of water.

She wasn't feeling particularly happy today for some unknown reason. But it was nothing new.

There were days where she was full of energy and days where all she wanted to do was stay home and do nothing.

She didn't understand it at all but she learned to live with it.

Finishing up her water, she placed it in the sink and left the room, going back into the office to continue work.

__________

Hours passed and it was finally time for Yor to leave.

She fixed up her desk and made sure that everything was in place and that she didn't forget to do any work.

She didn't want to stay but she had to check. She couldn't afford to get scolded.

Standing, she grabbed her coat from the rack across the room and took her bag.

"Leaving already?" She heard Camilla ask from her table.

"Yes. I have things to tend to. I'll see you all tomorrow!" Yor bows a little before exiting the office.

When she left the building, a soft sigh escaped her lips.

The sun was just beginning to set, the orange hue reflecting on her skin.

The cold air sent shivers down her spine as she looked around, watching as people passed by.

Sighing once more, she began her walk down the road, intending to get home before the sun fully set.

She took slow steps, her body too sluggish to walk fast.

She hasn't been feeling like herself lately. She found it hard to move. She found everything to be boring.

The world around her became gray, just as it had been before she let Loid.

Why is she feeling this way? There's nothing wrong with her life. She has a job and a family.