Kai

A week had passed since Anya had an anxiety attack.

Luckily her parents didn't find out and Damian went on with school as if nothing happened.

It was a kind gesture any normal human being would do but she is eternally grateful to him.

She can't even think about what could've happened to her if he didn't show up.

Now she was inside WISE, holding a bag of clothes and food. It was for Kai. She was visiting him today.

She hadn't seen him since she found him and Handler finally gave her the clear today.

She figured that he must've had a limited supply of clothing so she went and bought some on the way.

She just hopes the size is right.

She walked down the hallway, nervous.

Would he have rather stayed with his father? Did she make the wrong choice to bring him here?

Kaito could be feeling conflicted and end up hating her.

Deciding to just go for it, she knocked on the door of Handler's office.

She was given the clear to go in and she opened the door, stepping inside. Her eyes roamed for Kai and she found him sitting on the chair facing her.

"Hi! Kaito right? No wait, Kai." She beamed upon seeing him.

He looked so much better. His face was cleaner and any bruises on it were gone. One was still healing under a bandage though.

He was in much cleaner and warmer clothes too. All dirt has been washed off and he looked happier.

"Hi. You can call me Kaito if you want." He smiled back.

"Kaito it is."

"So how have you been doing? Has WISE been good? Are they nice to you?" She asked.

She knows WISE won't be so harsh on a child but they haven't been known to be the most gentle or gentle at all.

"Yeah, they are nice. They treat me well here!" He grinned, assuring Anya and calming her nerves.

She looked up at Handler who was watching the two interact and gave her a thankful smile as well as shooting her a sincere look.

"Well let's hope they keep that up."

"Here. It's some stuff I bought on the way. I figured you could use it." She held out the bag and waited for him to take it.

He did after a moment's hesitation and peeked inside.

His face immediately lit up at the sight of clothes and food packages.

"Arigato, uh..." He trailed off, realizing he doesn't know her name.

"I'm Anya. Anya Forger. But they call me Starlight here." She introduced and gave him a wink at the last part.

"Arigato Anya-sama!" The kid grinned up at her.

××××××

"So what's your plan for Kai?" Anya asked, sitting in front of Handler.

"Well since he's still a minor, the big guys will let him stay here. But he has to return the favor when he's 18 by working here. He doesn't necessarily have to be a spy. He just has to serve WISE as a thank you."

Anya nodded along. It was a pretty good plan for the kid. And the last part calmed her nerves about him getting hurt.

No matter how old the child is, she still won't want him to get hurt. He was already abused enough. He deserves to live peacefully.

"Your break is ending Starlight. We have some missions lined up for you. It's a bit excessive but the ones above wanted to see if you still have skills. Better prepare for it."

"I will. I'm getting closer to Damian so don't worry too much about operation Strix."

It was true. She was becoming a friend to Damian.

But she hated that she was using him. She hated the fact that he is merely a pawn she has to use to complete her mission.

She wishes to be friends with him still after Donovan is locked up but it's unlikely he will still see her as an ally.

Oh well. That's a problem for another time.

××××××

Anya sat on her desk, staring at the paper with a blank face.

The paper contained the results of her therapy session a few days ago. She took it without much thought and the results have been mailed to her today.

She was lucky her father didn't check the mail before she did. She can't have him finding out.

The paper said words that are anything but good in her case.

Dear Ms. Forger,

It has come to our attention that you do in fact have anxiety. Don't you worry. It won't affect your life a lot. But I do suggest staying off of the stressful things for now. At least until you understand the flow of your anxiety. It will be hard considering you are an Eden student but I am asking you to do so. We cannot help if your stress is continuous. It is not good for your mental, emotional, and spiritual health. You need to stay away from stress as much as you can. If there's no way, please contact me and we will set up an appointment for you to talk this out.

Sincerely, Hashimoto Akio

What do they mean stay away from stress?! Her job literally revolves around stress.

She needs to set up that appointment.

But not right now. Her parents are home. They can't hear the conversation.

Well sh-t. This is one hell of a situation to get stuck with...

××××××

A/N: hello! Sorry for the short chapter. I don't know what else to add.