Family

Yor sat at her desk, typing away on the computer.

It was the middle of the day and she was at city hall, working. She didn't have any assassinations for the week and she was thankful for that.

She had to prioritize Anya for now. Of course she was always number 1 but it was different now.

She has to pay more attention to the telepath since Loid is away on a mission that will take God knows how long.

She of course can't leave a 15 year old alone at night by herself.

Anya is a spy, yes, but she still feels the need to protect her. Being a spy is the number one reason why.

She hasn't heard from Loid since he left as any contact outside of WISE on a mission is forbidden to ensure the spy's safety.

She understood but she was getting desperate to talk to him. Whenever she would feel down, he was willing to listen.

He was practically her rock.

She didn't want to seem clingy or annoying so she pushed down those feelings.

She tried to put all her focus on work and Anya and it worked. However, she was restless.

She tried to function but somehow couldn't do it correctly.

She sighed and took another sip of her coffee.

Was she that attached?

She shook her head to clear all thoughts and scrolled down up and down the page to check her work.

She fixed a few mistakes and returned to where she left off.

"Yor-san."

She looked up and saw Camilla leaning on her cubicle. She had a curious look and that was never good.

"How's the family?" She asked, a brow raised.

"Ah, it's okay." Yor replied, confused as to why she was asking. Camilla never really poked much into her life for a while.

"How's your husband?"

"He's okay I think." Yor shrugged.

"Alright well, do you have staples? Mine ran out."

Yor nodded and reached for the small box in the corner of her table.

She handed it to Camilla and she walked back to her spot. Yor shook her head, realizing that her co-worker just wanted something.

She continued to type on the computer but stopped 10 minutes later once she saw the time.

It was 6:30.

Her eyes widened and she looked out the window, checking to see if the sun had actually started to set.

It has. And it was almost nighttime.

'sh-t.'

"I have to go. Can you guys tell the boss that I'll get my pay tomorrow?" She asked, saving the file and turning off the computer.

"Sure. But why have you been leaving early recently?" Camilla asked, peeking from her cubicle.

The others leaned back on their chair and looked at her, expecting an explanation.

"Loid is on a business trip. I have to watch my daughter for the week." She said, putting on her coat.

She hurriedly grabbed her bag from the break room and ran out, yelling a quick goodbye.

×××××××

Loid sat in the car, a small smile on his face.

He would finally be able to see his family.