Welcome to New York City!

Rollan pushed open the doors to the building.

Immediately, cream-colored light filled the sidewalk, illuminating their path as if it were day. Once Raisha's eyes adjusted to the light, she nearly gasped in amazement when she saw what was inside. Everything in sight was either a shade of peachy cream, dark gold, or black, and it gave the room a nice feeling. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling, swaying slightly and moving the shadows of the room, shifting the yellow light's reach. Smoothly polished sheets of black marble decorated the tops of the counters, outlining the hotel check-in. Small tables were dotted along the open main room, and two pairs of seemingly identical staircases bridged up from behind either side of the desk, giving the room a feeling of order that Raisha liked. Everything seems to have a place here - from the small scented candles placed on the tables to the large potted ferns placed at intervals on the smooth floor.

Everyone was silent in amazement as Shadow walked up to the check-in, where a lady in a white and gold suit outlined with black stood, hands folded over the desk, and lips circled into a content smile. Her brown hair was pulled back into a tight bun, and her brown eyes were trained on Shadow as she asked in a polite tone, "Good evening, and welcome to the Park Wallace Hotel. How may I help you?"

As Shadow began to work out the details with the hotel attendant, small conversations began to bubble amongst the group, each as excited as the next.

"What do you think our hotel room will look like?" Tasha asked Dawson excitedly, her blue eyes wide and excited.

"Out hotel room?" Kalani asked suspiciously, leaning over to add in. "Like you guys are going to be sharing one?"

Despite the fact that the couple had been dating for some time now, Raisha could not help but find humor in the fact that they both blushed at the comment, seeming at a loss for words.

"Actually," Shadow commented from the desk, turning around while the hotel attendant was typing something on the computer. "You are sharing a room. Same with you, Dorlani." Shadow added, with emphasis on the last word. Kalani let out a muffled scream of frustration.

"Here you go," The desk attendant said suddenly, and Shadow turned back to her. "Here's the room card, and the key to the combination doors."

"The combination doors?" Raisha murmured quietly, confused. Beside her, Abeke shrugged.

"Floor 27, The Entry Room is Room 38." Raisha flashed another confused look at Abeke, who shrugged once again.

"Thank you!" Shadow said cheerfully, walking away from the desk.

"Please enjoy your stay!" The attendant called after them as they all began ascending the stairs.

"This is certainly going to be fun!" Meilin chimed from ahead, and Rollan nodded.

Raisha looked around as they climbed the stairs, which were covered in dark carpeting. Small lamps were dotted along the side of the path, shining golden light on the stairway. Shiny silver railings helped keep people from falling, and Raisha ran her hand along them as she walked.

After a few minutes of climbing, some exhausted groans from Rollan (who really wasn't helping), and some nervous squeals from Tasha, they finally arrived at the sign along the wall that said floor 27.

"Finally!" Rollan groaned, collapsing onto the carpet the moment he saw the sign, the overdramatized actions making Meilin roll her eyes.

"Okay, she said room 38 was the entry point," Shadow mused, and Worthy waved his hand, motioning for them to follow as Shadow took off, counting the room numbers. They walked along the hallways for about a minute or so, yellow lamps giving off the same bright glow as the ones in the hallway.