Lucky

Shadow woke up in her bed, assuming that Worthy must have carried her in. She had slept well, and she was glad. After over a week of constant nightmares, it was good to have had a restful sleep.

"Shadow?" came a voice from outside her door. "Shadow, are you awake?"

"Yeah, I'm up, who's there?"

"Oh, umm... it's Jolt.."

"Come in." She said, and he did as he was told. "What do you need?"

"Well, erm... Worthy told me you were good with music, and I, well..." Jolt trailed off. "I-I wanted to write a song for Raisha." 

Suddenly, an idea struck Shadow.

"Jolt, you're brilliant! I know how to overcome my fear! I'll write it into a song!" She exclaimed. Jolt smiled. "I'll go tell Worthy!" He got up to leave.

"Wait!" She called. Jolt stopped and turned around. "I want it to be a surprise for him." Jolt smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, get that."

"Jolt?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you help me perform it? You can get practice for your song for Raisha the, too."

"Hey, that's a great idea! We should get you a band!" Shadow couldn't help but laugh.

"If you insist.." She said, though she secretly did want a band.

Fifteen minutes later, Jolt was back with Rollan and Worthy. Shadow's eyes lit up when she saw her husband, but then she remembered this was to be a surprise for him. She guessed she could always surprise someone else. And besides, it would be nice to work with him.

"My band?" She asked, pointing at them.

"We need someone on guitar, which can be me. Yes, I play the guitar, don't look at me like that." He said to Rollan, who was indeed giving him a skeptical look. "Anyway, we also need a drummer."

"So what's Rollan for then?"

"Hey!" Rollan said. "I might as well just walk away now! Seeing as you don't want me to be your drummer!"

"Rollan, can you even play the drums?"

"Well... umm... no.""Rollan!" Jolt sounded angry.

"What? I wanted a spot in the band!"

"So I guess Worthy is our drummer then." She said with a big smile. She was glad to work with him, that was for sure.

Shadow, Worthy, and Jolt sat around Shadow's desk. She held a pencil in one hand and was writing down lyrics. So far, the page read: 'When, when, I am down. I lay my hands upon this ground. For the thousandth time...'

"For the thousandth time what!?" Asked Shadow.

"You," Jolt said, pausing for a moment. "You call Worthy, but he doesn't pick up!" Shadow laughed at Jolt's joke.

"I call him in... his Earth is mine!"

"Makes no sense, but okay!" said Worthy.

They continued writing. Shadow knew that to get over this, she would need to make the song about her fight to survive and how she was glad she had lived. Using lines like: "Not anybody knows that I am lucky to be alive." and "I feel the light for the very first time." To show she was glad she survived, but also used lines like; "War inside my mind." and "I feel too numb to even mind." to show the pain of death and all she had felt before Worthy had come to her aid and saved her life.

She put in lyrics to describe her thoughts before she 'died' things like, "Remember all the faces that I've seen."

"Now all the marks have settled on my skin." and "From all the different places that I've been." and then what she felt when she had these nightmares like: "I, I don't know where I am, or where I'll go." and "What lies behind makes no sense in my mind.

"The lyrics brought the purpose of the song into view. Only a few simple words, just one line, and in a larger view, it was meaningless, just an entrance to the bridge. But to Shadow, it was the center of the song, the lyrics that held the purpose. Written on the paper were the words: 

"I know that it's time to let go."