The First Kiss

Shadow was going on a date with Worthy. She couldn't believe it. It was like she was dreaming. How had he said yes?

"You okay, Shadow?" asked Tasha, who was helping her get ready.

"Yes, I'm fine, I'm fine," she said. She was shaking a little, but she knew she would be fine.

"Now, are you sure you don't want to wear just a t-shirt?" asked Song.

"Yes. Song, as much as I want free movement, I need to look good. I have to be perfect for him. This isn't about me."

"Uh? I think it is?" said Meilin.

"No, it's about what he wants."

"He would want you to look however you want to look," said Raisha. Then they heard a knock at the door.

"Who's there?" Said Shadow

"Oh, hello. Sorry," It was Conor, with Dawson beside him. "Worthy is ready."

"Oh!"

"You good to go?" Meilin held out her hand and Shadow took it

"Yes," she said shakily.

"Hey, don't worry," said Dawson "He's terrified too" Shadow nodded and then walked off to the front door. Worthy awaited her there. He looked tired... and handsome. Shadow couldn't take her eyes off him.

"Oh, Shadow..." he said when he saw her "You really do look beautiful." Meilin led her over. She didn't know what to say Meilin then walked off leaving Shadow with Worthy she looked around at Tasha, Song, and Raisha, but they too, were leaving. Conor and Dawson had already left. They were alone.

"Umm... thanks," she said. "But you are the true gem here." He blushed.

"So, where do you want to go?"

"Wherever," she said, beginning to walk, Worthy tailing her. She didn't know where she was going, and she was followed her feet. They walked in an awkward silence.

"Why is this so awkward," Worthy muttered. Shadow giggled a bit.

"Worthy... I... no idea".

"This doesn't have to be awkward. You like me, I like you, you like me, everyone knows that we like each other, so why is this so awkward?" Shadow smiled at him.

"We aren't," she said, hugging him. He hugged her back.

"So, where would you like to go?" He asked again.

"Somewhere... romantic," She grabbed his hand and led him down the path to the beach.

"Great, water."

"Don't worry, we won't be staying here." She smiled as she walked along the warm sand.

"Really?" He asked, "I like the sand."

"As do I," she smiled. She removed her shoes and let the sand cover her feet, the sand getting stuck between her toes. Worthy did the same. They stayed on the softer, dryer sand at the top of the beach. The sound of the waves crashing nearby was... calming. Shadow sat down on the sand and watched them. Worthy sat next to her. Shadow rested her head on his shoulder, and he put his arm around her.

"I like this," he said

"So do I," She put her arm around him too.

"Hey, Shadow. Imagine we stay together like this forever and ever. And one day, we could get married."

"Woah!" she said, partially surprised. "You know, I'd like that."

They sat in silence for a bit longer.

"So, uhh... do you wanna do something?"

"Like what?"

"I dunno, train? On the sand?"

"Sure! He jumped up and pulled her to her feet. Shadow found two long sticks and they began to train. At first, they actually trained, learning how to fight together, but soon they were running around whacking each other with the largest sticks they could find. Shadow climbed up a rock and sat at the top, waiting for Worthy to find her. Then, for a moment, she lost sight of him. By now, the sun was setting, and she got worried until she felt hands on her shoulders, and she looked up to see him grinning down at her. He sat down beside her, and she looked into his eyes. The yellow cat eyes of a warrior. Then she realized his face was right next to hers. Before she knew it their lips were touching. She didn't try to pull away as she felt his arms around her. When they finally pulled back, it didn't feel like anything out of the ordinary had happened. They weren't blushing, they were just sitting there. The sunset had turned the sky a deep, rich red, just like their cloaks.

"I... kissed you," said Worthy. He seemed confused.

"Yeah," she said. "And I loved every bit of it."

"You- you did?!"

"Yeah, it didn't feel out of the ordinary or anything. It felt right and happy and safe and loving and-"

"I can redemonstrate," he said, and she smiled.

"I'd love that." So he kissed her again. Not for as long this time. But still sweet. And it still felt amazing.

"We should get back, it's dark out now," he said.

"Yeah," he stood up, and they began to walk back. Shadow ran at him and jumped on his back. He laughed and carried her home. When they finally got to the door, it was pitch black. Dawson, Conor, Meilin, Tasha, Jolt, Song, and Raisha were lounging around but bolted up when the group saw them.

"Oh my Tellun, there they are!" cried Dawson. "What took you so long? I was getting worried." Worthy put Shadow down. He sucked air through his teeth.

"Sorry," he said. "As it turns out, Shadow and I were meant to be," Shadow blushed a little.

"Come on, we all should be getting to bed right about now," said Meilin

"Alright," said Worthy. "Night, love. Have a good sleep."

"You too!" Shadow called after him as he left with Dawson, Jolt, and Conor.

"He called you love," said Raisha. "That's adorable."

"Yeah, he's so sweet, isn't he?" She agreed.

"You're not embarrassed?"

"No, why would I be?"

"No reason."

"Hey, so uh... what did you guys get up to?" asked Tasha.

"Well-!" Shadow said, bouncing up and down with excitement. "He kissed me! Twice!" All their faces were shocked, but happy.

"He did?" said Meilin, mildly proudly. "Already!?"

"Yes!"

"At this rate, they're gonna be married by next month," said Song with a laugh.

"I wish."