6.1 The Most Wonderful Time

Date: December 16, 2015

Y/N and Scott were standing on step ladders on either side of the archway in their house. They were hanging a string of garland while Cassie watched to make sure both sides matched.

Cassie: A little more to the left. A little more... a little more...

Scott: If I go anymore it's going to wrap around my foot.

Y/N: I think that might be her plan. 

They finished setting up the garland and Cassie went to get a box of ornaments. Y/N placed down a small fake tree in the center of the room. He then pulled out an eye dropper and squirted a few Pym Particles on it, enlarging it to the size of a normal tree. He then began to help Cassie with putting on the ornaments. When they were finished, Scott picked up Cassie and held her up so she could put the star on top. 

Y/N: Perfect.

Scott: It looks great, guys. You said Yelena's coming over right?

Y/N: Yeah. She said she will be.

The family was hosting a little Christmas party of their own in the next few days. With all they had been through in the past year, they really just wanted a time to relax and be with one another. They planned on having just a small party with friends and loved ones.

Scott: Good. I may need some help though. I'm not quite sure what she'll want as a present. I don't really know what someone of her qualifications would want.

Y/N chuckled and shook his head.

Y/N: Don't worry. She may act all tough and rough, but we both know that she's just like a kid when it comes to gifts. I'll help you pick one out.

Y/N looked at his phone and then began to grab his things to head out to work. 

In Hank Pym's basement lab, Y/N grew to normal size after going through a new obstacle course. Hank was typing away at the computer monitoring his time.

Hank: I'm impressed. That's a new record.

Y/N: What can I say? I need a real challenge. 

The two looked over at a video screen as the news came on. The reporters were talking about the damage and death toll done in Sokovia and the construction of the new memorial site. Pym sighed at looking at the broadcast.

Hank: I think you've faced a few already. Some unintentionally created by me.

Y/N: Hank, don't start this again...

Y/N knew that Hank blamed himself for Ultron and Sokovia. It was his creation, but Y/N tried to convince him it wasn't his fault. He locked the code away. There was no way he could have known what would happen. It still didn't faze Pym. He looked at the destruction as his own doing. Y/N tried to change the subject.

Y/N: What about Ava? Any word on her yet?

Hank: None that I can find.

Ava Starr had been seeing Pym regularly to help with her condition. However, about a month ago, she mysteriously disappeared. Her bags were gone as well as the chamber used to help slow her fazing. Hank assumed she lost her faith in him after Ultron.

Y/N: We'll find her. She needs help. Anything on a permanent solution?

Hank: I've run a few numbers. But the quantum particles needed to stabilize her body are currently unreachable. There's no feasible way I can access them, much less determine the exact particle fixture she needs.