1.11 Bedroom Battle

Y/N slowly woke up from his daze. His vision took a moment to clear. After it did, he finally saw where he was. He was situated in the back of Paxton's car. A pair of handcuffs were restricting his hands behind his back and his helmet laid in the seat next to him. Y/N directed his attention to the driver, trying to plead with him.

Y/N: Paxton, turn around! Take me back!

Paxton: I am taking you back. To prison.

Y/N: No, you don't understand. There's something in that backyard that needs to be destroyed. It could endanger us all. In the bug zapper, there-

He was cut off when Paxton slammed the breaks. The car came to a sudden stop as Y/N hit the back of the passenger seat. Paxton turned around and looked at him with a stern face.

Paxton: You need to desist right now! Your delusions are out of hand!

Y/N: I'm not delusional! If you would just listen to me for once-

The two's conversation was cut short by a call coming over the police radio.

Dispatch: All units, we have a 2-36 in progress at 840 Winter Street.

The two recognized the address.

Y/N: Scott! Cassie!

Paxton: That's Scott's place!

The siren was turned on and the car sped off towards the address. 

Inside Cassie's bedroom was a terrifying sight. The little girl was hiding behind her dad as Scott held up a baseball bat. He had managed to place a call to the police about an intruder before his phone was destroyed. On the other side of the room stood Darren Cross, blocking the exit. Cross looked at the little girl hugging her father's legs.

Cross: Don't be scared.

Cassie: Are you a monster?

Cross: Do I look like a monster?

Scott: Hey, bucket head, you leave her alone. Now what do you want? Whatever it is, I can get it for you.

Cross: <chuckles> Oh, it's not what you have that I want. It's what you don't have. I want your nephew.

Paxton's car skidded to a halt in front of the Lang residence. The place was already surrounded by other police cars and barrier tape. Y/N once again tried to plea to the officer.

Y/N: Paxton, you need me! Let me help! You can't face him on your own!

Paxton ignored the young man's cries and slammed the door shut. He ran over to the officer in charge of the situation.

Paxton: What's going on? Where are they?

Officer: The two residents are inside. They're being held by some guy with high tech weaponry. Our boys can't get in without harming the hostages.

In the backseat of the car, Y/N fell on his side. He had to protect his family from Darren. He squirmed and managed to slide his helmet over his face. With the suit sealed, he pressed the button on his thumb and shrank down, freeing himself from the cuffs. He then jumped onto a flying ant and flew into the window upstairs. There he saw Cross talking to Scott.

Scott: What do you want with him?

Cross: Everything.

Cassie: You leave my brother alone!