8.4 Plan for Vision

Yelena was pacing around the Avengers Compound trying to think about what to do. She stopped when the friends she called stepped in. Natasha was the first to enter the room. The two sisters walked over to each other and embraced in a hug. 

Natasha: You alright? How's Lily?

Yelena: She's fine. Scott's watching over her.

Natasha: And you?

Yelena: I'm alright.

She gave a weak smile, but Natasha could tell that she was trying to put on a brave face. She knew her sister was still worried about Y/N and to be honest, she was worried about her brother-in-law too. The red head gave her sister a smile.

Natasha: Well it's a good thing I called in some family.

She turned around to show who she brought. Alexei stepped into the room. The white on his suit had since faded to dark greys and blacks. He was no longer wearing his shield, which had been cracked and broken during a previous stealth mission. He smiled warmly and walked over to Yelena, embracing her in a tight hug.

 He smiled warmly and walked over to Yelena, embracing her in a tight hug

Alexei: My girl! How are you?

Yelena: Hey, Dad. I'm alright.  

Alexei: Yeah. I hope my vnuchka (granddaughter) is doing okay. Did she get the video I sent her?

Yelena: Yes. She watched it all day.

Alexei had sent the family an old cassette with promotional footage from his days in Russia. Y/N was a little hesitant to show the five-year-old a video that was essentially Soviet propaganda, but Yelena showed it to her in secret.

Alexei: And I hope that micro man is treating you right. Giving you plenty nights of pleasure, huh?

Yelena: Eww. Gross. We'll talk about this later. 

The blonde woman walked away from him and saw Hank Pym as well as the rest of the Avengers walk in. Sam and Pietro were carrying Vision and helping him walk. He had a stab wound in his side. The android had been out with Pietro when they were attacked by Thanos' children trying to retrieve the mind stone from his head. Yelena nodded at them and they all made their way into the briefing room.

Yelena: You guys alright?

Peggy: We're fine. We need all hands on deck for this one.

Happy: Then it's a good thing I showed up.

The others turned around and saw Happy walk over to them. They were both shocked and pleased to see him again.

Happy: Yeah. I'm back. I've been in space for a while. 

Yelena caught them all up about what happened in New York. About Thanos and the infinity stones and where Y/N and Peter currently were. Pulled up on the screen was an image of the two aliens who attacked Vision.