5.3 Party Crasher

A large party was being held in the main room and bar of the Avengers Compound. Drinks were laid out and guests were everywhere. Thor was with a group of World War II vets recounting a large scale battle he was in. Peggy was playing a game of pool against Sam Wilson. Y/N was with Peter, MJ, and Ned. They had decided to put Peter's spidey sense to the test and were throwing items at him which he had to catch and balance on one hand. While they were throwing items, Ned leaned over to Y/N.

Ned: So, can you really talk to ants?

Y/N: Yep. I also ride them into battle like a horse.

MJ: You know, it sounds a lot less impressive when you remember it's an ant.

Peter: Yeah. What are you going to send them to forage for crumbs from robbers as well?

Y/N sarcastically laughed and quickly reached into his pocket. He threw a disk at the stack of items Pete was holding, causing them all to shrink down. Peter was still able to catch it all and made sure the stack didn't fall despite the sudden size and weight change.

Y/N: Darn it! I'm gonna get you one of these days, arachnakid. 

Shortly after Peggy and Sam finished their game, Peggy saw Steve approach them. Since he couldn't step out of the HYDRA Stomper without instantly dying, Pym, Peter, and Shuri had managed to create a life support suit for him that still had some of the Stomper's properties. They had designed multiple suits for different occasions, with tonight's being a black suit to resemble a tuxedo.

 They had designed multiple suits for different occasions, with tonight's being a black suit to resemble a tuxedo

(Imagine it without the shoulder gun and helmet)

Steve walked over to Peggy and Sam joined them. Since helping Carter find and reform Rogers, Sam had become a close friend of the two.

Sam: Well, well. If it isn't the war machine himself.

Steve: How are you doing, Sam?

Sam: I'm doing alright. Hey, tell your girlfriend to go easy on me next game.

Peggy: I was going easy. You just have poor aim. 

Sam: Yeah, sure. Well, with HYDRA now gone, I guess we can't call you the HYDRA Stomper anymore.

Steve: Guess not. I'm sure something else will come along.

Peggy: As long as Y/N doesn't choose the name, I'm cool with it. 

Sam: Hey, man, this may be personal, but... how do you go in that thing?

Steve: It has a filtration system in it. I actually just went as I was shaking your hand.

Sam: And I did not need to know that.