1.2 Birthday Party

Y/N walked down the busy San Francisco street. He took one last sip of his smoothie before throwing it in the trash bin. After a few more blocks, he stopped at one of the nearby apartments. He opened the door and went up the stairs. On the second floor, there was an apartment that apparently always had a party going on. He walked past the party goers and made his way to the third floor. There, he opened the door to Luis' apartment. The anxious Hispanic was at the kitchen counter making a waffle mix.

Luis: Hey bro, what's up? I though you were supposed to be at work.

Y/N: I got fired.

Luis: Damn. They find out who you are.

Y/N: Yeah.

Luis: Baskin-Robins always finds out, bro.

Y/N: Apparently so. I just need to grab a few things here before I head back to Scott's. 

Luis: Sure, man. You want some waffles?

Y/N: Yeah, I'll take a waffle. It'll help ease the pain.

Luis began making a plate with waffles, syrup, and whipped cream for his pseudo-nephew. Y/N walked over to the table and saw two other guys already sitting at it. He waved to them as they nodded back at him.

Luis: Oh, these two used to work with Scotty back in the day. That's Kurt. He was Folsom for five years. He's a wizard on that laptop.

Kurt: Nice meet you.

Y/N: Yeah. Nice to meet you, too.

Y/N turned to the darker man next to him. He was wearing a beanie and camouflage jacket.

Y/N: Who are you?

Dave: Dave.

Y/N was quiet for a moment, expecting the man to continue. When he didn't, the young man simply nodded at him. Eventually, Dave spoke again.

Dave: Nice work on the Vista job.

Kurt: Vista job, yes. No, no. I have heard of this robbery.

Y/N: Well, technically, I didn't rob them. Robbery involves threat. I hate violence unless absolutely necessary. I burgled them. I'm a cat burglar.

Dave: You mean you're a pussy.

Y/N: In a sense, yeah.

Luis walked over and handed Y/N his plate of waffles. He then began explaining the Vista job Y/N had done to land him in prison.

Luis: He's was doing an internship there, right? And he found that they were overcharging the customers. And it added up to millions. He blows the whistle and gets fired. So what does he do? He hacks into the security system and transfers millions back to the people that they stole from!

Dave: Posts all the bank records online if I recall.

Luis: And he totaled the dude's Bentley by driving it into the swimming pool! 

Y/N put down his fork and looked over at Luis. He decided to set the record straight.

Y/N: First off, I didn't drive it into the pool. I simply rewired the GPS to constantly give the longest direction possibly. How was I supposed to know he would be looking down when he drove into the pool? And second, what are you doing? Why are you giving these guys my trading card stats? What do you want?

Luis: Okay, so, my cousin talked to this guy two weeks ago about this little perfect job.

Y/N: No way.