2.1 Recruited

Date: May 2, 2012

Y/N was sitting at the kitchen table at Pym's house. He held a bag of ice on his head. The two had been testing out a new function on the updated suit with Y/N hurting himself in the process. He turned to the old man who was silently reading the morning newspaper.

Y/N: You know, 25 feet would have been enough, right? At least to start me out with. You didn't have to immediately crank it up to 65.

Hank: Well I also needed to test your endurance at that scale, see how long you could hold it.

Y/N: Well, you got your results, I guess, after I hit my head on the ceiling!

Hank: I also needed to test how much the suit could take. Your hit just confirmed my suspicion's about the helmet's resistance.

Y/N: As well as my head's, I'm sure. 

The two's conversation was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. Hank got up and walked to the front door. He opened it enough to see who was there. He immediately slammed the door shut upon seeing who it was. Pym began to walk away from the door when the man on the other side began to knock.

Hank: Go away. I don't want visitors today.

The man continued to bang on the door. Pym had enough and opened it enough to talk to him.

Hank: Listen, Fury, I-

Fury: If you don't open this door, I'll have to blow it open. 

Hank sighed and unlocked the latch on the door. He ushered Nick Fury inside. Y/N walked into the room and saw the dark skinned man standing in the middle of the room. He wore a long black trench coat and gray shirt. What really caught Y/N's attention was the eyepatch the man was wearing. 

Y/N: Um... hello.

Hank: Y/N, this is Nick Fury. He's the head director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Y/N: Oh. That explains very little.

Fury: We need you to come in. Both of you.

Hank: No.

Y/N: Is this about the Avengers Initiative? 'Cause I thought that was scrapped. Not that Pym would let me join it anyways. 

Fury: This is about something bigger.

Hank: Of course it is. You know, you've got some nerve showing your face here. First S.H.I.E.L.D. tries to steal my formula and then you try to bring in my protege.

Pym turned his back to Fury and began to walk away.

Fury: Pym, the tesseract's been stolen.

Hank stopped dead in his tracts. He slowly turned around and looked back at the director in astonishment.

Hank: What?

Fury: It was taken by a hostile force while under S.H.I.E.L.D. surveillance. 

Y/N: I'm lost. What's the tesseract? 

Hank: You're telling me that Stark's most prized possession, the most powerful item known to man, was stolen by someone who intends on using it as a weapon? 

Fury: Yes. That's why I need you, Hank. You worked with Stark for years researching it. If anyone is going to be able to find it, it's you. We need to recover it before it's used to further our enemy's goals.

Pym was silent. He was lost in thought. After staring at the director for a moment, he turned to his protege.

Hank: Y/N, pack your things. We're going.