Chapter 31

Hailey Hughes POV

"Life is the flower for which love is the honey." — Victor Hugo

        For the last half hour the girls and I have been upstairs in Taryns room getting ready early for the party , which doesn't start for another hour

For the last half hour the girls and I have been upstairs in Taryns room getting ready early for the party , which doesn't start for another hour . I still haven't learned what this surprise Matty told me about earlier is yet . Just as Taryn was zipping up my dress , Matty came into the room " hi baby , can you come with me . I want to go for a drive ." I nod and grab his hand .

     Matty helps me into his old jeep , that he keeps here in St Louis for the summers

Matty helps me into his old jeep , that he keeps here in St Louis for the summers .
" do you remember when you used to come visit St. Louis when we were younger ?" They were some of my best memories as a child and preteen .

" of course I do , we spent most of those trips either in the tree house or around this neighborhood." Matty smiles as me , " so you remember when we made our pact ?." Matty asks as we drive slowly trough the neighborhood. " yes , we were in the tree house after watching one of those hallmark movies our moms liked .

I think the movie has a similar pact in it and that was how we came up with the idea ." Matt nods and grabs my hand and holds on his lap . " yes it was , we made a pact to get married I believe when you were twenty eight if we were both single ." I nod with a chuckle . " but you had conditions, so you remember what they were baby ?"

" yep! I wanted a yellow lab named Cooper , I also wanted your support in opening my own bakery here in St. Louis . Oh and of course the dream house on Melody Drive . " two blocks over from Matt's parents house is this beautiful classic colonial style house on melody drive .

Every time we ride bikes around the neighborhood I would make matty stop and look at the house . One time the house even went up for sale , matty and I walked through the house during the open house and I told him things I would change and how I envisioned our future in that house .

I pointed out where I'd put the Christmas tree , the room that we used as a nursery and the spot in the backyard we'd build our own tree house and Brady wouldn't be allowed inside . Honestly I'm surprised it took me until the age of twenty two to realize I was in love with matty . I mean I envisioned a whole future with the boy , like come on girl.