Chapter 27

Hailey Hughes POV

"You are the best thing that's ever been mine." — Taylor Swift, "Mine"

                             Im currently in Michigan for two days , to check up on the progress of my new bakery , to see my parents ! Oh and watch matty play the Detroit red wings

         Im currently in Michigan for two days , to check up on the progress of my new bakery , to see my parents ! Oh and watch matty play the Detroit red wings . I'm meet up with charlotte by baggage claim at the airport . She's picking me up and driving us straight to the bakery .

    We quickly walk back to her car and start making our way to the bakery

We quickly walk back to her car and start making our way to the bakery . " so John Henry and the designer both agree we're expected to have an opening date of mid February " " wow that's sooner than I thought , hows the hiring process been." I ask excited for the bakery to open up soon .

" great most of the baking and decorating crew have accepted positions and will give there previous jobs two week notice when he have a definite opening date . So we'll need to start payroll two weeks early . ". " no problem , just handle it , like I said just run the bakery as you know best ."

" how are things with matt?" I smile thinking over the last almost two months of matty and I " so good , I'm just so happy girl , he's my person." " ah I'm so happy for you , your practicality radiating happiness. Maybe it will rubbed off on me and I find my own man."
We both dissolve into giggles .

Arriving at the bakery I'm blown away by the progress, the pictures and videos didn't do it justice . Part of me still can't believe I'm opening a second bakery , let alone that my first was a success enough to open a second location . I still remember the night before I opened the bakery in Miami , siting upstairs in which is now my office but at the time my studio apartment.

I had a major panic attack, I feared I would fail , I had never run a bakery in my life let alone own one . Somehow in the middle of my panic attack I was able to call Quinn , within minutes he had me not just calmed down but confident in myself .

Quinn always had a way with motivating people and being a calm voice of reason . It's why I always knew he'd make a great captain if he'd just believe in himself. I was right too , he's killing it as captain this season . Quinn spent the rest of that night talking to me on FaceTime about everything and nothing at the same time .

Of course my brothers wanted to be there for my grand opening but all of them had games . My parents did come and I was so happy. I also sorta felt like I disappointed my parents when I chose not to play hockey like everyone else in the family . I love hockey just not enough to play it professionally.

I know that now the feeling of disappointment was all in my head , my parents love me and support me but my own teenage insecurities ate me alive for so long . The first time I actually believed my parents when they told me they were proud of me was when I opened the bakery. I've worked hard to manage my insecurities and anxiety. Having Matt in my life again has helped so much , he's constantly reassuring me and making me feel comfortable .

" wow this place looks great ! " I say side hugging Charlotte . Char and I head to the book store next door and discuss all the business stuff that we needed and I also had to sign so much paperwork . Afterwards we said goodbye and I caught an Uber to my parents house .

" I'm here!" As soon as I yell those words I'm slammed into a tight hug " I missed you , honey" dad says and releases me from the hug. " how was the bakery , I drove passed the other day and it looks great so far ." I smile up at hearing the excitement in dads voice. " it's coming along great , we'll be open in mid February I believe."

" that's so great sweetie " Mom says pulling me into a hug once we reach the kitchen . " so are you both excited for your trip ." My brothers and I surprised our parents with a two week cruise in the Mediterranean, for Christmas . My brothers decided not to travel back to Michigan for Christmas and I'm heading to St. Louis to spend Christmas with the Tkachuks this year.

" oh so excited , we haven't really been on a vacation together alone since well probably our honeymoon." Mom says as she continues making dinner . " I'm excited to see Europe for the first time ." Dad says after her , I loved when jack and I took out trip two years ago . We spent three weeks traveling around Europe during the summer.

It was a great twin bonding trip , Jack I always said we'd take more trips together but last summer I was so busy with the bakery and only was able to leave Miami for four weeks . All of which I spent in Michigan with all our friends and family .

It's the next night , I'm in Detroit with mom and dad . We're here to watch the panthers game and afterwards we're gonna grab a quick dinner with Matty before his teams flies to St Louis . Matt and the panthers will be in St Louis for three days . Sadly I can't come with , I have a huge order at the bakery I need to finish .

      " Matt's on fire tonight , two goals and an assist , and theres still fourteen minutes left in the game

" Matt's on fire tonight , two goals and an assist , and theres still fourteen minutes left in the game." Dad says watching the panthers shut out the red wings . Before I can saying anything in reply carter shoots the puck in the back on the net off an impressive pass from Matty's .

I jump up cheering , instantly getting booed by our section I give the middle finger before I'm yanked down by mom . Oh I may also be a little bit drunk . I really don't get drunk that much without my friends around but I bumped into a friend from high school during the first intermission and we may have taken a few shots .

I'm not like sloppy drunk , just give a middle finger to an opposing teams home crowd drunk . " Jesus , you're gonna get killed." Dad says laughing and mom glared at him . " sorry " dad says still laughing which makes me laugh . I'm having such a great time with my parents . I may have also gotten dad a wee bit drunk too .

During the second intermission I met up with that friend from high school again and started taking more shots. Dad ran into me on his way back from the bathroom and my friend and i convinced him to take shots with us. Whoops , my moms so over us right now .

An hour later the four of us are across the street at a nice burger place grabbing dinner . Dad and I are almost completely sober now with food in our systems . " that was a great game Matt , you've been having a better season than last year ." Matt nods before jumping into a long conversation about hockey with mom and dad . I just sit and listen to him talk. I love him so much .

***************************************************

  I'm so sorry for not posting for a while !!

I had some personal stuff going on

I also wanted to have some backlog so this didn't happen again!!!