Chapter 1

"'it's always been him,' she smiled. 'our souls just dance the same.'" (atticus)

                         HAILEY HUGHES POV

HAILEY HUGHES POV

Beep beep beep .... The regular beeping sound awakens me from a deep sleep . Without opening my eyes I reach over and turn my alarm off . I lay in bed an extra few minutes to wake my self up before I get out of bed to start my day .

It's around 5:20 am when I finally roll out of bed . I make my way through my apartment to the kitchen and see my coffee maker is all ready staring on my coffee thank you technology. I turn on my toaster and put two pieces in before heading back to my room to change .

          Mornings in Miami are always beautiful I feel really blessed to have the apartment I do

Mornings in Miami are always beautiful I feel really blessed to have the apartment I do . My building is great . It's safe , my neighbors are kind and the doorman downstairs always makes my day with our conversations.

I start most of my days around this time . I run my own bakery it's called Sweet Hughes . It's my baby I opened it up a little over a year ago after I decided to leave Michigan where my parents live and where I went to college and culinary school .

My twin brother Jack who plays hockey for the New Jersey Devils , begged me to move in with him in Hoboken but the idea of moving and staring my own bakery in the home of the cake boss Buddy Valastro , was not my cup of tea .

I also wanted to move to a city in-which none of my brothers or our friends lived . Don't get me wrong I love my brothers and our friends but I wanted to prove to everyone that I could succeed on my own .

For most of my live I've been known as the Hughes sister . I just wanted and opportunity to have a live known as Hailey . You might be wondering well Hailey why did you name your bakery after your last name .

We'll among Hailey I have many names some of which included are Sissy , Squish , Angel , baby doll or for one specific person Little Mouse but that's beside the point my brothers and my friends took to calling me Sweet Hughes and not just because of my sweet personality but I made most of them my Guinea pigs for trying whatever new dessert I tried to make .