Chapter 12

"Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding     place." — Zora Neale Hurston

                             Matthew Tkachuk POV

                      Matthew Tkachuk POV

         It's been a few days since Hailey had her mini mental breakdown. In the days since I introduced her to my teammates and their wives or girlfriends. She got along great with everyone and even invited some of the girls to lunch with her friends Poppy and Rue.

      We also decorated my house for Halloween, well more like Hailey decorated and I just did the heavy lifting. She has always loved Halloween so she was quite happy decorating and bossing me around . Two days before Halloween I'll be hosting our team Halloween party.

      The day after the party in the afternoon we will be leaving on a road trip for five days . I asked Hailey to dress up with me and help with the party which means she took over and has everything planned out already .

      She's also picking our costumes and I told her to surprise me with whatever she picks. I wish I could say that makes me nervous but in reality if she asked me to put a tutu on I would just for her . I have serious issues with telling her no . Or just seeing her sad in general .

        I'm picking Hailey up from her bakery and we're going to be meeting up with some of my teammates and their wives or girlfriends to head to a pumpkin patch . Once we're done at the pumpkin patch we'll head to dinner then the county fair .

 Once we're done at the pumpkin patch we'll head to dinner then the county fair

           I picked Hailey up and I have to try so hard not to stair a her legs. She looks so hot in her outfit . She spent most of the drive telling me about a trip to Nashville she took at the beginning of summer with some friends and she found these pink boots on the trip and just had to have them .

       " I'm excited I haven't been to a pumpkin patch since like sophomore year of college in Michigan " she tells me as she swipes through instagram on her phone . " it's probably been longer for me " she hums
" probably when you and I went the October before I was  drafted."

        I remember that day I had been dating a girl and she cheated on me so Hailey forced me out of my pity party and dragged me to a pumpkin patch it was one of the best days of my life . Hailey always knew how to make any activity fun and memorable.