Chapter 2

"What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us". (HELEN KELLER)

                           Matthew Tkachuk POV

                           Matthew Tkachuk POV

           One of my favorite sounds is skates slashing through the frozen ice . Growing up with a dad in the NHL and eventually playing myself I spent most of my childhood and life in rinks and arenas .

     I was born in Arizona while my dad Keith Tkachuk was playing for the Coyotes . When a year and half later my brother Brady was born and when I was two dad joined the St. Louis Blues and St Louis became home . Eventually I was drafted by the Calgary flames .

     I loved my time with the flames but I needed a change to progress in my career . I was traded to the Florida Panthers in the off-season  before last season I officially had a full season as a Panther under my belt and couldn't be happier with the trade . I love my teammates , I love my coaches and the staff . But mostly I love living in Miami .

     Last season the team and I even went to the Stanley cup finals . Unfortunately I broke my sternum . I tried to play through it but just couldn't . The Vegas Golden Knights ended up winning the cup . It left myself and the team hungry to win the cup this up coming season .

    The off-season consisted of healing , training and spending time in St Louis with my family and friends . My younger brother Brady who's the Captain of the Ottawa Senators  , got married to his long term girlfriend Emma . The wedding was great but the one person I wanted to see wasn't there. Her brothers were but apparently she got sick and couldn't come .

      Hailey Hughes was my tiny best-friend for most of my life . Even despite our age difference the bond between me and my little mouse seemed unbreakable but after I got drafted we started drifting apart I was busy traveling and living in a different country and she was in high school then college .

     I haven't seen Hailey in five years . God that's crazy time went too fast . I had hoped we would reconnect at the wedding but I guess life had other plans . Anyways I came back to Miami early to move into the new house I just bought it's incredible I love it it's right on the water .