Chapter 18

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." — A. A. Milne

                          Hailey Hughes POV

                          Hailey Hughes POV

                 It's been four days since the Halloween party . Four days since I've been ignoring any attempt Matty has made to try to contact me . I can't believe I let myself get that drunk . Rule no 1 when hiding feelings from your best friend never and I repeat NEVER get drunk around them .

           I've been wallowing in pity for days and I need to stop . I put some comfy clothes on brushed my hair and decide to listen to Taylor Swift and make dinner for myself . The cats can obviously tell I'm not myself these past few days . They haven't left my side the whole time . Such loyal babies I love them so much  .

        I danced around my kitchen as i made dinner, my hips swinging to the music pouring from my speakers as I stirred the pasta on the stove

        I danced around my kitchen as i made dinner, my hips swinging to the music pouring from my speakers as I stirred the pasta on the stove. I loved cooking and I often found myself getting lost singing to my favorite songs as i worked in the kitchen. My grandmother is the person who taught me how to cook and bake .

        "Ooh, your necklace hanging from my neck
The night " I sang into my wooden spoon, my hips moving as I belted the words. "When we decided, we decided To move the furniture so we could dance Baby, like we stood a chance Two paper airplanes flying, flying, flying And I remember thinking Are we out of the woods yet? Are we out of the woods yet? "

      A deep chuckle sounded behind me, making me drop my spoon as I spun around. Leaning against my kitchen entryway on wall was Matthew, his sly grin plastered on his face as he smirked at me , "Don't let me interrupt, you know I love when you sing and dance to Taylor Swift ."

       "Jesus you scared me matty ," I gasped as I put my hand to my chest, only causing Matthew to laugh harder. "How did you even get in here? When did you get back?" The panthers aren't supposed to get back to Miami till late afternoon tomorrow.