Chapter 29

Hailey Hughes POV

"I have not slept for fear I would wake to find all this a dream." — Ever After

              The last two weeks have been hectic , Matty's been on a long west coast road trip and business at the bakery has been insane

          The last two weeks have been hectic , Matty's been on a long west coast road trip and business at the bakery has been insane . We've even doubled our profits from last Christmas, due to online orders that we ship throughout the US .

I really can't wait until my bakery in Michigan is open , it will definitely help cut down the work load on my staff here in Miami . Between our usual orders and supplying the bakery everyday with fresh goods my staff has been overworked with the uptick in online orders .

I've also been busy buying gifts , wrapping them and mailing most of them to where they need to be . Matt and I are spending Christmas with his family in St. Louis . All of us will be staying at his parents house. So all of the presents Matt and I bought for everybody and each other we have mailed to St. Louis.

A few days ago was also the bakery's Christmas party , it became tradition last year that one day close to Christmas after work we'd hold the party upstairs in the studio apartment I turned into my office.

It was a ton of fun and much needed for my staff to blow off a little steam during this stressful time . Due to us doubling profits from last year I was able to surprise my staff with a nice Christmas bonus for all the hard work they put in this year .

Matt got home yesterday and we went out to a new sushi restaurant for date night , we try with our busy schedules to do at least two date nights a month . I love getting to spend anytime with Matt that I can . When he's on the road it's so hard , I just miss him so much . Sleeping alone is hard too , especially now that we live together.

I also wouldn't change a thing , Matty gets to live his dream of playing hockey and I support him as he does with my bakery. I would never ask him to give up his career just like he would never do that to me . We understand how much our careers mean to each other .

Tonight , Matt and I are hosting the Panthers Christmas party here at the house. The theme is an ugly Christmas sweater party , we're even having a competition with prizes. For third place Matt and I purchased a gift certificate to a spa , for second place we arranged a fully paid dinner at one of the best restaurants here in Miami .

First place is a weekend trip paid in full to Sanibel Island that's located here in Florida. The place is absolutely beautiful, and the resort is so cute . You get your own private cottage just a few feet away from a private beach . Matty is the one who arranged all the prizes , he did a great job .