Chapter 22

Matthew Tkachuk POV

"The regret of my life is that I have not said 'I love you' often enough." — Yoko Ono

       It's the morning after my game last night , my parents and sister Taryn are arriving in an hour and a half

It's the morning after my game last night , my parents and sister Taryn are arriving in an hour and a half. My brother Brady and his wife Emma are arriving in the afternoon. The whole family is staying with me here at my house except for Brady who will be staying at the team hotel because it's mandatory.

Hailey left early this morning to head to the bakery , she was running late this morning and didn't make it out to the stables today to see Jolene . That might have been my fault . I just can't keep my hands off her since we got together. I think this is probably the most sex I've had in my entire life in the shortest amount of time.

I just always want to be inside her , sex has never felt this good. She's driving me insane , she's all I think about I just need to be touching her in someway even in a non sexual way but just affection . Well to be honest that's nothing new . I just still can't believe she's in love with me . I'm so glad I listened to Mackie and my mom about telling Hailey how I feel I can't imagine my life without being with her anymore .

I haven't told my mom anything by the way . She has asked when we talked on the phone a few days ago.
I just said I didn't want to talk about it and she was ok with that my moms pretty great with respecting our boundaries. Although I'm pretty sure she thinks our conversation went horribly and I'm too embarrassed to speak about it.

Anyways Hailey is coming over after work today,  Her and I are making dinner together for my family . We still haven't decided what we're making we were supposed to last night but well we got distracted. We'll also be telling them about our relationship before dinner. I'm excited for everyone to know , maybe then it will feel more real . I can't wait to start my life with Hailey . I know without a doubt in my mind I will marry Hailey Hughes.

I know it's crazy but I was looking at rings on my phone a few hours ago . I didn't buy one but I'm seriously thinking about getting one . I know Hailey is the woman I want to spend my life with and to be the mother of my children . I also know it's really soon to be looking at rings but I just can't help it I'm pretty sure I'll end up designing a custom ring for her with my friend who's a jeweler .

I mean we've been together for like over a week . To anyone that sounds insane , but Hailey is my best friend I know her better than anyone and she knows every little thing about me and still likes me , I mean loves me. I probably won't actually propose for a few months but just thinking about it make me excited.

I'm currently at the stables and riding Jolene. Ever since that first time my little mouse brought me here to meet her horse Jolene , I've come out here to ride her a handful of times . Horseback riding is quite relaxing and peaceful , whenever I'm stressed out or overthinking too much I come out here to the stables and take Jolene out on the trail my hockey season has been a little up and down this year , so getting out here and riding helps clear my head.