Chapter 6

"One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving." ( PAULO COELHO)

                         Hailey Hughes POV

                         Hailey Hughes POV

           I wake up to pounding on my front door . I try to ignore it and go back to sleep but it only gets louder somehow. I groan and roll out of bed barely opening my eyes as I make it to the front door .

     Opening up the door through half closed blurry eyes I make out to figures but by their loud laughing I instantly know it's Poppy and Rue . " aren't you supposed to be her at 9 am , why you here so early "
" blondie boo it's 9:20 we got her at 9 and have been banging on this door for 20 damn minutes ." Rue says shocking me " I must've forgot to set my alarm ."

     " we'll let us in so we can get ready then head to brunch before the game ." Poppy says pushing her way into the apartment and walking over to my record player " so what are we feeling today Taylor Swift or Sabrina Carpenter ooh you got Olivia Rodrigos new album my favorite off it is all American bitch , such an anthem."

      The thing about Poppy is she can talk for hours so you have to stop her or she'll just keep going . It's also one of my favorite things about Poppy . " Olivia Rodrigo " Rue and I say at the same time . " yay I was hoping you'd say so " Pop says as she puts the record on the player before heading towards what is supposed to be a third bedroom but I turned into a sort of glam room per say .

     Most nights we go out the girls come over to pregame and get ready together

     Most nights we go out the girls come over to pregame and get ready together. It's always fun a couple drinks , some good music , and doing hair and makeup . Today we're going to a one o clock Yankees vs Marlins game .

      Rue is originally from here . Rues mom immigrated here to Miami in her twenty's and met Rues dad who was born here in Miami . They met fell in love got married and had five kids .

      Rues dad was a season ticket holder for the marlins most of his adult life . So growing up her dad would take one kid at a time to a game a couple times a season as a one on one bonding experience.

     Poppy who was born in San Diego . Her mom was originally from there and met her dad who was from Boston , when he got drafted by the San Diego Padres . Her mom and dad met fell in love had poppy and her younger brother before tying the knot and have two more boys afterwards.

     Shortly after the marriage when poppy was seven her dad was traded from the padres to the Miami Marlins. After retirement the family decided to stay in Miami and eventually Poppy attended the  University of Miami where freshman year she meet her roommate Rue Carlisle .

      And hour later we're headed into an Uber on the way to brunch at our favorite spot

      And hour later we're headed into an Uber on the way to brunch at our favorite spot . Me in my Yankees jersey and the girls in Marlins jerseys.  At brunch we each have about three mimosas and gossip . For brunch I got Nutella pancakes . I seriously could not live without Nutella it's my favorite thing in the world .

     An hour and a half later , we're in a different Uber headed to the ball park . " so where did you end up going the other night " rue asks as we climb out the Uber . "Oh I ran into Matty " .

    " woah like childhood husband Matty " poppy asks and I laugh at her description of him "yeah"
" um how ?" Rue asks as we scan our tickets at the gate and make our way inside to the concessions .

     As we get concessions and make our way to our seats I tell the girls about the last two days and everything that's happened . " oh my gosh I'm so happy for you , I could tell you really missed him whenever you talked about him ."

    " I did and it's great it kinda feels like we just slid back into our old friendship. " "what aren't you saying " rue says calling me on my bullshit as always . " I think I have a minuscule crush on him " " oh my god it's a true childhood friends to lovers troupe " poppy exclaims excited .

    ." whoa nobody said anything about love , look this probably isn't even a crush I'm just so excited to have him back in my life my feelings about him will go way in a few weeks ."  " *cough*  *cough* sorry..... it's just l'm sick of you're bullshit ." I shake my head at Rue and ignore her as first pitch it's about to happen .

       The Yankees end up wining six to three with Aaron Judge getting a two run home-run

       The Yankees end up wining six to three with Aaron Judge getting a two run home-run . The girls were a little salty after their loss so we headed straight to a bar to drown their broken hearts . Let's just say we're way past drunk and it's only 6pm .

      " omg oh my gosh Rueeeee Rue Ruey" I slurred
" what Hails " rue replied giggling  " *giggles*  Poppy  *giggles* is on the *giggles*  Mythological bull *giggles* " rue giggles at me some more I don't think she had enough brain capacity left to comprehend what I just told her .

         After Poppy got of the bull I decided it was time to try it myself . I hopped on and the guy running it stared slowly . My drunk self thought going faster much faster would be a great idea . It wasn't I flew off and ran to the bathroom to puke . After puking I headed back to the bar to start drinking again .

      An hour later the bartender put us three in an Uber . The Uber driver dropped me off first . When I walked in , my favorite doorman wasn't there. I smiled and giggled at the current doorman who smiled back at me but with concern on his face but I was to drunk to care or acknowledge it . It also took me three tries to hit the elevator button to get the doors open .

       Stepping into the elevator more like stumbling into the elevator. the doors closed before I even hit the floor number . It probably took me ten minutes and definitely too much energy to find and hit my floor number .

      But after all that I had just no energy left my eyes started getting heavy so I sit down on the floor of the elevator and layed down with my head in front of the doors. "I'll just lay here for a few minutes *giggles* " .