Chapter 30

Hailey Hughes POV

"A true love story never ends." — Author Unknown

    It's Christmas morning here in St

It's Christmas morning here in St. Louis , we arrived two nights ago after the panthers afternoon game . Brady , Emma and Taryn had all arrived earlier that day . Keith and Chantal have been so happy to have all three of their kids home for Christmas for the first time in years .

On Christmas Eve all of us went to the local ice rink the boys grew up on and spent a few hours skating . I have always loved skating, It feels freeing to glide down the ice without a care of the world off the ice . Most of high school when it felt like the world was caving in on me I would grab my skates and sneak in to an ice rink my family frequented and skate until I felt I could breath again .

The owner knew I was sneaking in and always looked the other way , I doubt I was the first kid he let have that privilege let alone the last . Unfortunately I haven't been skating since I opened the bakery , until recently I hadn't realized how much I've buried myself into work . When Matthew came back into my life I started to do more things for myself besides work .

            After skating we all went to the little Christmas village setup about a half hour away

After skating we all went to the little Christmas village setup about a half hour away . Their light display was absolutely beautiful, I've always loved going and seeing the lights during Christmas time . When I was younger my mom and dad used to pile all us kids into the car and we drive through the neighborhoods that did light shows . It's one of my favorite memories from Christmas during my childhood .

After grabbing some dinner we headed back to the Tkachuks house and settled in around the fireplace and watched home alone and elf before heading up to bed for the night . Matt tried to get frisky but I refused, there's no way in hell I'd have sex with him in his childhood home with his parents down the hall or Brady in the room next door .

The next morning I wake up to incessant poking to my right cheek , in my half awake half asleep state I realize I'm lying on my back with Matt laying on top of me and his head in my chest . I also realize both of his hands are tucked underneath his shirt I wore to bed , so who the bleep! Is poking me ?.

" wake up...poke.... wake up...poke...wake.." I slap the hand poking me and shush who ever is disturbing my precious sleep. " pst... Hailey , wake up it's Christmas! Time to open presents ." I'm pretty sure that's Brady , ugh just leave me alone . I love sleep ! " Brady. ! What the fuck are you doing ? " I her Emma say from I believe the doorway .

At this point I'm fully awake but I refuse to open my eyes on the off chance my body will return to my precious sleep . " it's Christmas Em! They need to wake up , I already woke up Taryn and my parents now it's these two that are holding up the gift opening. But she refuses to wake up, I've literally been poking her for ten minutes. " i hear Emma sigh at her husbands childish behavior, and then a gasp from Brady .

" do you think she's dead ?! , she probably suffocated underneath Matt's fat ass , I mean the guy weighs a ton and she's a tiny little thing . I should start calling her tinker bell !" I try my hardest not to laugh at Brady ridiculous ranting this morning. " shut the fuck up Brady !" Matt says who apparently has been awake longer than I knew .

I open my eyes finally and meet the love of my life's eyes " merry Christmas baby" , " merry Christmas Bubs" Matt leans and lays his lips against mine . " ew ! Get a room you freaks" Brady says as he gags , " you're literally in my room , how about you get your own !."

" ok ! How about we meet you both downstairs after we change and brush our teeth" I say trying to defuse a wrestling match from occurring so early on Christmas morning . Emma drags Brady with her out the door and head into the bathroom to change into the cute pjs I brought .

            I absolutely love these pjs , I ordered them after seeing some one I followed on instagram wearing them

I absolutely love these pjs , I ordered them after seeing some one I followed on instagram wearing them . Matty just throws on a pair of sweats and a simple tee . I did try to get Matty into matching pjs but he said no , but we did compromise on he'll wear them when we have kids!

" Merry Christmas ! " I tell everyone once Matty and I make it downstairs to the living room and we all grab a spot around the overloaded Christmas tree . " since we know he has the patience of a child , Brady you can go first" Keith says with a laugh . Brady just ignores our laughter and rips open his first present which is from Emma .

I feel truly blessed this Christmas, I was given such wonderful presents. Chantal gave me some pink kitchenware , Keith bought me some beats headphones , Brady and Emma gave me a mini photo printer and a polaroid camera. Also Taryn got me a cozy blanket and two pairs of slippers .

Matty went a little overboard on my gifts , he got me new pink luggage with a Christian Dior bag . He also found a pair of earrings that matched the necklace he gave me when he asked me to be his girlfriend . Oh and a Rolex watch that's pink ! I didn't even know they made pink Rolex's .

 Oh and a Rolex watch that's pink ! I didn't even know they made pink Rolex's

I also may have went a little overboard on how many gifts I gave matty . I literally got him like twelve gifts but honestly if you added up all of my gifts prices it would match what I bought him so I am definitely glad I got so many , and he loved all of them !

After all the presents were opened Chantal made us a breakfast feast for brunch . It was absolutely delicious and Chantal is a great cook , I can see why Matty always asks her to cook when she visits him. Later tonight Chantal and Keith are hosting a small Christmas party with some friends and family . I'm excited to meet all of the friends I hear Matty talk about all of the time .

Matty did tell me he had one more surprise for me but it would be in a few hours . I have no clue what he's gonna surprise me with . This Christmas had been so great already I can imagine it getting better, but the look on Matty's face tells me it will .

***************************************************