Part 44

**

You watch in awe as Yohan loads the last crate of food in the rented van you'll be using for this weekend's team building in some lakeside property in Gangwon. The trunk is filled with all sorts of meat and vegetables, chips, and alcohol that seem to be good for a tribe of more than 10, way more than your team of seven.

"You do know we're only there for three days, right?" You remind the younger man. "I don't think we eat this much."

"Don't you know Do-hyun?" Yohan says. "She's half my size but she eats twice as much as I do. And I eat a lot. Plus, the guy she was seeing ghosted her so she's probably gonna eat even more. Heartbreak shit, you know?"

"I don't," you chuckle, although you can't help but feel bad again for Do-hyun whom you had to comfort not long ago because of her boy problems. "But are you sure these are all within budget?"

"Yes. Chin-sun is a master at bargaining. And, because we're such a good team, Mr. Min and Mr. Jung gave us some of their favorite liquor," Yohan hums satisfyingly. "Those smell expensive. So yeah, we didn't have to spend much on alcohol since Mr. Jeon brought some, too, which is why we got to buy all this food."

"Fine, but we can't have drunken shenanigans, okay? I don't have the energy to babysit you guys. And Mr. Jeon is no weakling; he'll be awake to see you misbehave if you do."

"We'll go as far as incredibly out-of-tune karaoke singing, we promise," Yohan laughs, learning his lesson after last year's midnight swim in the freezing cold river where he almost got swept away.

Hoseok was thankfully passed out and did not witness the almost-emergency. You had to remind your team that though you'll be going on a team-building - which is really just an excuse for the staff to eat and drink in some scenic venue - there are still rules in place, and it would be best not to give Jungkook any problem, given the progress that you've all made.

You enter the car then leave the office - your meet up place - to take the long drive to your destination. You just got the message from Mr. Ri that they're almost there; they left much earlier so that Jungkook could make it to a virtual meeting with Hoseok and his father.

The ride starts off peaceful, as everyone is still slowly waking up. Halfway through, it becomes chaotic, with Do-hyun and Yohan arguing about who'll be on cleaning duties on which days as the youngest ones on the team. You laugh along, knowing you'll end up helping them anyway, but you look out the window and wonder how Jungkook is doing.

He's been incredibly busy leading to today, with several site visits to the Arts Center and meetings with the project teams multiple times the past two weeks. He's been staying late in the office, too, and working on the weekends. You know, because you get the odd-hour emails and find portfolios on your desk in the morning. Despite the work that he still has to squeeze in during this weekend, you hope he gets a bit of rest. More than that, you hope he finds time to be with the team and bond with them. Only you know this may be your last, and you want to keep the memories of these three days and make sure they're good ones.

You arrive at the place and look around, amazed at every corner and every space you set your eyes on. You know that the Jeon family has dozens of properties in scenic locations that they escape to or put out for rent. This lakeside estate is one of a few you haven't been to yet, and there's a reason why Jungkook wanted this to be your venue this year. It's spacious with lots of things to do and the view is absolutely stunning. Lush mountains frame the sparkling body of water, and with the breeze of spring, it's every bit relaxing as you hoped.

It's quiet as the rest of the team walks around in awe. The main house boasts of a large kitchen and living space and it's surrounded by four two-bedroom villas with their own decks. You, Chin-sun, and Do-hyun head to one while Yohan and Manager Lee head to another. You give yourselves half an hour to fix up before reconvening and when you do, you immediately smile upon seeing Jungkook already waiting.