Part 07

**

You're quite nervous walking to Jungkook's penthouse the next morning.

Before he left last night, you were sporting glassy and swollen eyes, after all; it wouldn't have taken much for him to know what you were up to by being away from your desk for half an hour. But you'd been too upset to think of what he would think about it, so you acted like it was nothing when you returned to your seat, took note of his instructions, and watched him walk out. No other words were spoken and quite frankly, you don't know what either of you could have said after what transpired. It's a new day, though, and like you told your mother, you'll just focus on your work and try to get that old version of yourself back, the one you'd felt slipped away this past week.

You enter the front door - as he'd told you to just go in so you don't disrupt his workout - and immediately hear the loud sounds of leather hitting leather. He seems to be aggressively punching the sandbag, with more evidence of it coming in the form of his deep and successive breaths that you can hear as you walk towards the kitchen. You stop on your tracks, though, as a pair of red laced underwear lays crumpled on the floor.

That definitely wasn't there yesterday morning so it must've been from last night. You're not one to judge; he did have a frustrating day that you caused and releasing all that stress in this way is understandable. You just wish he had the courtesy to clean up, knowing that his assistant would be coming but then again, you also don't know if that's too much to ask of him.

You don't realize that you've been staring at the underwear until you hear him, his deep breaths in tandem with his steps. You walk towards the counter and set him a glass of water before he notices what's got your attention, but he still does, as he stops at the spot where you were and lets out a grunt.

From your periphery, you see him pick up the piece of lingerie then throw it in the trash. You turn to him and bow in greeting, and Jungkook merely nods, the slightest of head tilts to acknowledge your presence, seemingly avoiding your eyes, even as you ask what he prefers to eat this morning. You'd like to think that in the recesses of his bitter heart, there's remorse over yesterday at least, if not over the past few days. But you'll take it; his silence is better than anything at this moment.

You follow him towards his bedroom, stopping briefly as you look around and make sure you're not intruding. You're unsure if the woman is still here, but he picks up on that.

"She's gone," he says, walking to his bathroom. "I never make them stay."

It's a part of his life that you've only heard of. The gossip that Do-hyun hears from the washrooms in the office may be true, considering his weeknight bang and the left-behind underwear on the kitchen floor. He still had some energy based on his morning workout though, and you don't know why the thought of him fucking someone and then boxing in the morning is making you feel hot all over.

You snap yourself out of it, knowing it's inappropriate and definitely not what you should be worrying about. He's a stressed, obviously attractive, and rich bachelor; you're not surprised he'd have women at his beck-and-call and be nonchalant about it.

You walk inside his closet and choose the shoes and accessories he'll wear today before heading back to the kitchen to prepare his breakfast. He walks in 30 minutes later, and you approach him to fix his collar and his tie like you always do, now getting used to his natural scent with hints of jasmine and bergamot. Your eyes focus on the silk necktie, hoping you're able to control your nervous breathing being this close to him.

He may still be annoyed at you and you may be invading his space, and the realization makes you step away quickly, taking his plate from the counter and placing it on the dining table. You open your iPad and go through the presentation he asked you to do, surprised that he's already added a few things.