Part 39

**

You arrive at your apartment with you now fully awake, and Jungkook heads to your side right away. Pulling you out of the car requires more strength from him, and despite your terrible condition, the butterflies appear once more when he instructs you to hold onto him for support. You have to act unaffected when you feel his broad shoulders and taut arms, with your hands gingerly laying on them; you wonder if he feels anything, too, under the thin material of his dress shirt.

His left hand only grazes your waist but his hold tightens after you grant him permission, perhaps knowing that it would be harder for you if he holds you that loose, he asked you to put your weight on him after all. Despite your agreement, you still hold in your breath, a silly attempt at slowing down your quickening heartbeat. He's never been this close, and you're unsure if you want him to be anywhere else.

You suspend your thoughts for the shortest of seconds until you both manage to get up the few steps to your door. Mr. Ri helps in unlocking it, and you settle on the dining chair that Jungkook pulls out for you after you both enter.

As you release a breath and watch him look around, it's then you realize that your boss - the Jeon Corporation Vice President who lives in a penthouse in an exclusive district in Seoul - is in your tiny studio apartment that's literally just the size of his bedroom. You're not ashamed one bit but you are a little shy, so you jokingly welcome him to your "little mansion."

"It's nice," he hums, looking around some more, which he doesn't need to move to do.

The small round dining table, the off-the-wall kitchen, and the three-seater couch are all in the open living space. There's a half-wall that separates your sleeping area, with your double bed against it and the tiniest of balconies just off of it.

You're quite proud of what you've made of the place, with the plants in the corners, some chic art pieces on the walls, and photos with your friends and family on stick-on frames resting on the shelves. It's cozy and comfortable for you, and you feel quite proud when Jungkook's lips turn up when you respond that you're happy here when he asks.

"It's everything I need," you hum. "And it's in a safe part of town. My neighbors are older couples who are all kind."

"That's good," he says, turning to you. "Will they be much help to you while you recover?"

"I'll be okay," you insist. "I have a crutch. I've got food to heat up, and my place is so small that I don't have to move around to get things done. I don't really need help, you know?"

He scrunches his eyebrows, seemingly unconvinced.

"Watch," you say, your shallow confidence pushing you to grab the crutch next to you then using it to walk towards him so you could prove that you're capable enough to look after yourself.

But your unfamiliarity with it leads you to mistime your step. Before you know it, you're tripping on your foot and losing your balance, and as your life is about to flash before your eyes thinking that you're gonna fall once again and make your injury worse, Jungkook's reflex kicks in and he steps forward to catch you. You feel his grip on your waist gradually tighten as if to keep you steady, as if to make sure you're alright. He's so close, you can feel his breath as he pants, the worried look on his face something you're familiar with by now. But he stays there, inches away, and so do you.

He's bending, so he stays leveled with you. You can see his long eyelashes resting on his honeyed skin and the endearing curve of his nose. He looks so soft like this, comfortable even, with his big round eyes looking like the most innocent ones you've ever seen.

The voice in your head suddenly becomes loud enough and you break his gaze, realizing then that you're also clutching onto his shoulder for support. You give him a look of apology but he just laughs, something you're thankful for because the last thing you want is for the tension to thicken.