Chapter-27 Wedding preparations

Amie

I woke up because my mom was shaking me like an earthquake had come into our house.

"Amie! amie woke up!!" She yelled.

"Haa mom mai taiyar hu! Chalo" I said sitting.
(Yes mom I'm ready! Let's go)

"Kya bol rahi hai?"
(What are you saying?)

Mom smacked my head in no time and told me to get ready and come downstairs for breakfast. I think I was dreaming.

I dragged myself to the bathroom, took quick shower and did morning routine.

I stepped down the stairs and saw everyone seated at the dining table. Advika was seated beside mahir, why the hell she's glued to him all the time.

"Amie, how do you sleep so late every day?" advika's mom said.

"Mom, she is very sluggish. I saw that aunty was trying to wake her up for a long time, I think she must have started waking her up half an hour ago, only then she would wake up on time" advika joined laughing.

I frowned my eyebrows and murmured to myself "making fun of me? ab tu dekh beta"

"Hahaha I agree I agree!!" bhai said chuckling and I shot a glare at him.

I rose from my chair and went inside the kitchen, mom was serving breakfast on the plates which was pav bhaji.

"Mom I'll help you" I said and took one plate only to add four extra spoons of chili powder in it. Thank god mom didn't see me doing this. I kept that plate aside on the tray specially for advika.

"Here enjoy" I said with a smirk keeping the plate in front of her and other for mahir. Everyone started eating breakfast praising my mom's cooking skills.

"It's good but it's very spicy" advika said with an awkward smile and grabbing the glass of water for the 5th time. Her whole face turned red like a tomato. I tried my best not to laugh which was dying to appear on my lips.

Mahir looked at me like he knew everything.

I went into my room after breakfast to call anurag and amna as mom said we will be discussing wedding preparations so of course my friends should be here.

Author

Everyone was seated to discuss the pre wedding ceremonies which will held in next few days.

"We have so much work to do we will distribute responsibility or tell me yourself what you can do okay?" Suhani ji voiced.

The air buzzes with excitement as everyone gets engaged in further conversation.

"aunty I'll look through the catering services" amna said.

"Um....aunty me and amie will make lists of relatives" anurag said and glanced at me, I agreed with him showing thumbs up.

Mahir couldn't help but glare at anurag as jealousy strikes him.

"we will distribute the cards also" amie said and in no time mahir said sharing eye contact with amie

"Then I and advika will take care of decorations"

"Okay" advika said agreeing with him.

"Um..also we should hire a professional choreographer for sangeet performances!" She added.

"Great idea advika" amisha ji said to which advika smiled sheepishly.

"Amie where's the washroom" anurag whispers in her ear, he rose from his seat and went to the direction amie told him.

After using the washroom he was going back to join everyone but stood in his place when he saw advika's mom giggling looking in her phone. Anurag quietly steps towards her from behind and says.

"Aunty ji yaha akele akele baith ke voh wale videos dekh rahe ho kya?? Bataau uncle ji ko"
(Aunty, are you sitting here alone watching those videos?? Let me tell this to uncle)

Aunty gets stunned by his abrupt voice.

"Besharam"

"do i look like a friend to you that you're joking around me" she says glaring at him to which he chuckles.

"Kyu maar khane wali harkate karta hai hamesha" amna says smacking anurag's shoulder.
(Why do you always do such things that deserve beating)

"Sorry aunty iski taraf se main bolti hu" amna says and drags him aside by twisting his earlobe to scold him.

Amie

The week went in a rush in all the preparations. And finally the wedding is in only two days and guests have already started arriving today as tomorrow will be haldi ceremony.

There are so many guests it feels like I'm not in my home but at a hotel. Also every other relative be like "do you remember us?"

How can i remember them if last time i met them when I was a three or four year old kid.

Anyways, I'm still okay with other chaos but what about these small evils. I don't understand these kids and their obsession with running here and there like they have a skate or rollers fitted. I don't like kids.

There were so many guests that house help was not enough so i and amna had to help offering snacks, drinks and what not.

I'm tired.

"Bua ji aapki chai" I said handing cup to her.

"Anything else you want bua ji??" I ask.
She shakes her head in no I sighed for the upteen time today.

I saw some guests arriving so I went to kitchen to bring tray of juices for them.

I was about to reach them, when a kid bumped into me and the next moment juice fell on me, drenching my kurti.

"These kids arghh!!" I said irritable.

"Are koi baat ni change karle" Says amna, I nodded and went upstairs.

I was about to go inside my room, when someone tapped on my shoulder from behind and I turn.

"Andar mat ja tere chacha ji so rahe hai" says my mom.
(Don't go inside your uncle is sleeping)

I furrowed my brows "why is he sleeping in my room?"

"I told him to go upstairs to room four, maybe he misheard."

"But i was going to change my clothes, see this" I showed my stained kurti.

"Ok..take your clothes silently and go in mahir's room he's not there"

What's happening god I can't change in my own room now great!

"Fine" I said frustrated.

I went inside my room, without making any noise I took my clothes and came out.

Thanks for reading 🤍
Don't forget to vote and comment your reviews. Hope you liked it <3!