Chapter-29 Ignoring?

Amie

I plop down on the couch, feeling the exhaustion seeping into my bones. The afternoon sun casts a warm glow through the windows, but my eyelids feels heavy, begging me to surrender to a nap.

I glance at the clock and my heart skips a beat. It's already late afternoon, and the sangeet and mehndi ceremony are just a few hours away!

With a determined sigh, i push myself off the couch and musters up some energy. I know that there's no time to waste.

"Amie beta, I need your help"

I walk towards my mom "arrange these flowers and these fairy lights too weave them around pillars" she said and left in a hurry.

I stood there, marigold garlands in one hand and a bundle of fairy lights in the other.

The marigold garlands needed to be arranged beautifully, and the fairy lights had to be woven around the pillars.

Feeling a little lost, I looked around, wondering who i could ask for help.

Just then, anurag happened to pass by. With a mischievous grin, I called out him.

"Hey, Anurag! I could really use your help here," I said.

Anurag turned towards me, a curious expression on his face. "What's up, Amie? Need a hand with something?"

I nodded eagerly, explaining him "I've got these marigold garlands that need to be arranged beautifully, and I also need to weave these fairy lights around the pillars. It's a bit too much for me to handle alone"

Anurag grinned, "Of course, Amie! Let's get to work!"

"Okay so you take these and arrange them" I said handing him the marigold garlands he nodded and left.

I went to the store room for a stool obviously my height isn't sufficient I need a stool to hang these lights.

Author

Amie stood on the stool, her fingers delicately held the end of the string of fairy lights. She began to carefully weave them around the pillars, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

Lost in the enchantment of the task, Amie's nimble fingers moved swiftly, but a little too hastily. As she reached for the next pillar, her movements became a bit hurried, causing the string of lights to twist and tangle in her hands. She didn't notice the knots forming, too engrossed in her mission to create a magical ambiance.

With each passing moment, the knots grew tighter, snaking around her fingers and wrists. Amie's brow furrowed in confusion as she realized her once neat and organized string of lights had transformed into a chaotic mess.

She hops down the stool, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment as she tried to free herself from the entangled lights.

"What the hell!"

"Thank god yaha koi nahi hai abhi! if anyone sees me like this will burst out laughing"

"II must be looking like an walking christmas tree" amie whines to herself.

Her attempts only seemed to make matters worse, as the knots tightened further, trapping her in their twinkling grasp. She tugged and pulled, hoping for a quick solution, but it only resulted in more tangles.

Just as frustration began to creep in, Mahir appeared by her side. His eyes twinkled with amusement as he took in the sight of Amie caught in the web of lights and can't help but burst into laughter. His chuckles fill the air, and Amie turns to see him standing there, grinning from ear to ear.