Chapter-28 The haldi battle

Author

Amie goes to mahir's room opening the door, no one was there. She goes in closing the door quietly "puff" she blows out her cheeks.

Amie starts taking off her kurti, when suddenly she hears a creaking sound.

Startled, she turns around to find mahir standing at the bathroom's door, his face turning red with embarrassment.

Time seems to freeze as their eyes meet, and both of them are momentarily speechless. Amie quickly wraps her kurti around herself , feeling a mix of surprise and amusement.

"What the hell mom said he's not in his room!" amie lost in her thoughts.

Mahir stammers an apology, his cheeks burning with embarrassment turning into deep shade of red.

"I'm sorry I'm so sorry amie"

In that awkward moment, they shared a mix of surprise, vulnerability, and attraction.

After a few seconds he stumbled backward and closed the door behind him, leaving her to collect herself.

He leans against the door "Why is she changing here? Am I in wrong room? No no!"

Amie quickly wears her clothes feeling embarrassed but she knocks on the door to let him know he can come out now.

Mahir opens the door and apologize again "sorry I didn't knew you-" realizing the awkwardness of the situation, amie breaks the tension with a warm smile.

She assures mahir that "it's okay"
It was a moment that neither of them could forget.

"mom said that you aren't in room and in my room chacha ji was sleeping so I came here sorry" amie express.

"Um... I came a few minutes ago to freshen up" says mahir scratching his nape nervously.

"Okay I'll go" amie said and rushed out of his room, while mahir finds himself smiling, lost in his thoughts, imagining what it would be like to tell her how she takes his breath away.

He can't help but feel a rush of shyness as he recalls what happened, a blush spreads across his cheeks.

Amie

As I walked down the hallway, the air was filled with the fragrant aroma of Indian spices and the sounds of music and laughter which distracted me from my thoughts.

The women gathered in the kitchen, creating mouthwatering dishes like butter chicken, biryani, and an array of delectable sweets as it was dinner time.

There is never a dull moment in indian weddings but is a vibrant and lively affair, filled with endless work and preparations.

"Where are you going??" Amna asked as she saw me.

"Bhai ke room main, chal tu bhi dekhte hai uski taiyaari hui hai ki nahi"
( brother's room, come let's see his preparations for tomorrow are done or not)

"Okay" She nod.

"Bhai" I screamed knocking on the door, In few seconds the door swings open.

"Chilla mat chudail mujhe sunai deta hai ache se" bhai said smacking my head to which me and amna laughed.

(Don't scream witch, I can hear you fine)

We went in his room, look at him beaming with excitement for his haldi ceremony.

He meticulously arranges his haldi outfit and accessories, I and amna shared a mischievous glance, knowing we are about to tease him.

We approach bhai, who was busy arranging the things, and start teasing him in a lighthearted manner.