Ch52: Literature Elective (2nd Years)

AN: I have seen some raw panels shared on Twitter about the new chapter of Savanaclaw and Octavinelle Chapter.

Why does the illustration of Malleus and Leona look so cool?!

Anyway on the Octavinelle Chapter... WTF Azul, Jade, and Floyd?!!!

There was a panel of them in swimming classes showing Azul standing on the land holding a contract and the tweels tormenting a poor student in the water...

Forcing a contract so that the poor student's life wouldn't be endangered.

Anyway, here's the new chapter... Time to traumatize some 2nd years NRC students.

Arc 4: The Path of Thorny Roses

Chapter 2: Literature Elective (2nd Years)

            The crescent moon illuminates the night sky. Among those highlighted by the moonlight is a 12-year-old boy with white hair. He was unconscious and asleep, holding an oval-shaped mirror in front of him. The 12-year-old youngster is unconscious and resting in a translucent casket. The youngster was covered in darkish ice crystals, just like the casket and mirror.

"Ice sealing time itself..."

Andersen whispered as he glanced at the body of Prince Arktis. He is currently back at Ledusberg's high summits. Specifically, at Permafrost Castle. Built for Prince Arktis, it has served as his jail since he murdered his younger sister.

"For a 3rd-rate caster such as myself, it is indeed an impressive feat. What Arktis Aunt and the other mages of that time have done. It is forbidden magic by this world's standards."

Andersen continued to talk, placing his hand on the clouded ice crystal and looking at the sleeping imprisoned prince.

"Yet, the forbidden magic's effect is waning."

If the magic is broken, the mirror that Arktis and the deceased people of Permafrost Kingdom possess will be unsealed, as will Prince Arktis, who overblotted before being sealed with the mirror.

Andersen recalls his vow as he rests his fingers on the darkened ice crystals that had absorbed the blot over the last hundred years.

"Before the ice magic wanes, I would find a way to help the Ice Prince from his corruption. I said it, didn't I?"

Andersen smiled briefly before switching to a sarcastic grin.

"Blot is just another form of mana."

Andersen felt an alien energy penetrate his body.

"And servants, as one type of spirit, are one of the best conduits and users of magical energy, especially when a servant is a caster."

When it comes to promises, he will try his utmost to keep them. His previous test and supposition, with the help of the two Heartslabyul first years, were proven true.

' Blot is simply another type of Mana...'

"Slowly and meticulously."

"Little by little..."

"I would keep my promise."

Andersen's face screwed up in disgust as he heard himself.

"Why am I doing such a thing?"

You don't belong here.

"..Because they resemble the characters that I made from my trashy stories? "

Heartless Devil

"Well, whatever the reason. I don't care."

Andersen released his hand from touching the ice crystal's surface as he clicked his tongue in annoyance.