Ch26: A Visit in a Dream

Arc 2: Night Raven College

Ch12: A visit in a dream

      An infinite field of gorgeous pink flowers.  Several types of flowers that can be seen here do not exist on Earth. It also does not exist in Twisted Wonderland. On the horizon, there was a cloudless, clear sky over the endless fields of pink flowers. An ivory floating tower stood in the middle of the flower field.

Andersen's dreams are quite rare. If he sleeps as a heroic spirit, he dreams of his current contracted master's memories, and the said Master under the contract would be the one experiencing Andersen's experiences when he was still a living human.

In rare instances, he dreamt of reliving his once-human existence. Andersen never dreamed of this scene in front of him, standing on the boundless field of pink-colored flowers.

He knows who was dreaming about this event in front of him. He heard an annoyed sigh behind him while glancing at the ivory tower in the distance. He noticed a familiar face when he turned around.

An acquaintance of sorts.

Wearing a hooded white robe. His black garments were snug on top but loose on the bottom, and he was wearing black boots. The individual was wielding a staff. His hair is long and silvery white, and his eyes are purple. Under the sun, the silver-white hair usually gave off a rainbow hue.

Who else but that person could it be? The individual who can call and wield those floral-colored blossoms.

"Andersen.... "

The mage has the criteria to be in the magnificent class of the grand caster. The magus of flowers, Arthurian legend's wizard–

Merlin. "

Andersen acknowledged with a nod and inquired.

"I haven't seen your face in a long time; what do I owe the illustrious and famous grand caster candidate?"

The magus of flowers' exhausted sigh transforms into incredulity. Merlin chuckled as he stared at the self-proclaimed third-rate caster.

"Do you know how difficult it was to reach you, Mr. Andersen? You haven't been sleeping since you were whisked away somewhere, and the first time I reached you through your subconscious and dreams, you dare to ask what I owe you."

Merlin was smiling, but it didn't appear to reach his eyes. Resuming, Merlin tells Andersen:

"From the moment you were drawn here, you knew the answer; you knew how to use your mind and think."

Andersen muttered with a sarcastic smile.

"Ah, even grand caster candidates such as the illustrious caster Merlin aren't immune to the masters of Chaldea."

Merlin neither denied nor confirmed that he was here on an errand as Ritsuka and Gudako had requested. Instead, he turns to face Andersen, a concerned expression on his face.

"Without the connection I discovered, it would be impossible to reach wherever you are now, Andersen."

"This place is called a twisted wonderland."

"Twisted Wonderland? Hm, interesting..."

The Arthurian wizard's face was filled with curiosity.

"It is an intriguing magus of flowers, a world where fairy tale villains are celebrated as historic heroic figures... "

Andersen responded with a pause and a question.

"Since you have been on an errand with the two masters, are you here to inform me of the time of their arrival?"

"It is like that, but I'm afraid it will take some time, Mr. Andersen."

"I expected it; seeing the precise time of their arrival wouldn't be a problem for you, a grand caster; when would it be?"

Merlin took a few moments to respond to Andersen's query. The wizard responded by not smiling.

"Twisted Wonderland... Andersen, do you realize you're not in singularity or lost belt? You must have suspected it already."

Andersen thought his possibility of meeting Disney had vanished after hearing the answer. He wouldn't be able to do some revenge or roast the person.

"Amazing, isn't it, Andersen? A rayshift incident would whisk you away to a world beyond Alaya."

He was also seized with a dismal foreboding as he heard Merlin immediately refuse to answer his question. Andersen irritated, inquired once more.

"When will the two masters come into this world to retrieve me, Merlin, Magus of Flowers?"

Merlin sighed troubledly when he heard the query.

"Aren't we impatient, Andersen? Well, I'll be sincere with you. There are two paths which you could take. It would take a thirty-year span in that world before the two masters Ritsuka and Gudako could come and get you. They wouldn't have the time to immediately retrieve you. Andersen, you are aware that there is still a single remaining lost belt to tackle, aren't you?"

Andersen scowled when he heard the time. That's far too long to be on vacation. The time difference between Twisted Wonderland and Earth is too great. However, despite the time difference, Andersen has not expected it to take so long. Andersen sighed as he processed Merlin's words to him.

"You could also find a way back by yourself, Andersen, if you think it was too long."

When Andersen heard such comments, he burst out laughing.

Find a way back on his own? He's a mediocre Caster? He came into the world completely by chance.

"Merlin, you're aware that I'm just a third-rate caster, aren't you?"

"Your pessimistic outlook was well known; how about putting more faith in yourself, Andersen? There are only two ways for you to return to our world: wait or find your way back. Do you think the adventure of the two masters would end after the seventh lost belt?"

Andersen clicked his tongue when he heard Merlin. Of sure, it would be difficult. He should have known there would be more adventure and saving the planet after the lost belts.

Merlin then remarks, seeing the emotion on Andersen's face:

"Anyway, despite finding the connection .....  My contact with you Andersen would be limited. I shall bid my farewell, and you shall greet the waking world. Andersen? This wouldn't be the last time we met in dreams. Oh, one more thing, Andersen? Be prepared."

Merlin, along with the lovely flower garden environment, vanished in his fantasies after those remarks. It was replaced with a memory of a certain headmaster from his human existence, and Andersen realized it was time for him to wake up.

But he never anticipated feeling a symbolic blow in the abdomen the instant he woke up.

The two marks that represented his allegiance and contract with his two masters vanished.

He then let forth a hollow laugh.

'The next time I met the magus of flowers in my dreams, I was going to make him pay for being too imprecise with his warnings. '