Ch46: Conflict

AN:

Here's the new chapter...

Lately, a lot has been going on in my life that makes me feel stressed.

It makes me overwhelmed and make my mind occupied by those problems.

My updates would probably take a while longer than a month...

As for the happy news, Persona 3 Reload!!

Mitsuru!! Koromaru!!

Arc 3: The Start of Troublesome Year

Chapter 16: Conflict

Night Raven College. One of Twisted Wonderland's most prestigious schools. Ace's parents were pleased that he was accepted to Night Raven College. He was so pleased that he would attend the same school as his elder brother who had been accepted. His older brother was a former Heartslabyul student who attended Night Raven College seven years ago.

He was assigned as a Heartslabyul student during the entrance ceremony, as he had predicted. Given that his brother was also sorted to Heartslabyul, Ace wasn't surprised by the results.

After a while, Ace has become bored with his sorting. Not wanting to be bored, Ace decided to skip the entrance ceremony and bring along a frail Pomefiore student. If they were detected, Ace would use the Pomefiore student as a reason for transporting and assisting the pupil to the school's infirmary.

Ace managed to slack off for a while during the entrance ceremony; however, Riddle arrived looking for him and the person he had taken along, so he opted to return to the entrance ceremony, which was a bummer. The only positive outcome was that he learned the name and spoke with the unlucky pomefiore first year, whom he had strong-armed. The Pomefiore First Year is named Epel. He looks like a girl and doesn't speak much. Epel is also angered when he states that he resembles a girl.

After returning to the chambers and separating from Epel, Ace believes he will die of boredom. Fortunately for him, something intriguing occurred in the form of four strange individuals and Professor Hans Christian Andersen.

Ace thinks the Pomefiore Dormleader Vil something, something woe is me and beauty... and his house warden's Riddle something stuck in his ass speeches are stern and boring. However, the professor's discourse was superior to that of the two house wardens.

Ace admitted that he was slightly upset by the professor's speech, but witnessing the other first-year students, the house warden, and their vices finding the professor unpleasant on first impression satisfied his desire for excitement and mayhem.

Despite the students' hatred, Ace dislikes Professor Andersen; but, this does not diminish his admiration for him and his ability to make the entrance ceremony fascinating.

However, after attending the professor's literature class, Ace's admiration for Professor Andersen dwindled.

Professor Andersen explained to all of the Class 1-A students who signed the waivers what this hands-on and practical teaching style entailed.

"My practical teaching style allows all of you to grasp my lessons easily. My lesson would become memorable for all of you. Some of you have developed your unique magic, yes? My teaching style is incorporated with my mage craft. It is a skill that I learned from incorporating my former colleague's skills into my 'unique magic'."

"My unique magic allows me to summon objects and characters that I have created."

"A couple of you must have watched movies. Did one of you experience 3D movies in theaters and cinemas? One of my 'unique magics' would allow all of you to experience the stories like an improved 3D movie."

"You have chosen the grave of the child. Prepare to experience the first lesson! { Märchen Meines Lebens}"

The students regretted choosing the story about the Grave of the child. It was as if they were transported into the realm of the novel. Their circumstances shift, and the kids witness the tale of a mother who was devastated by the death of her four-year-old son.

A mother who couldn't accept her son's death refused to place his corpse in a coffin and rest. Day and night, insisting that her 4-year-old kid was still alive, she tended to the corpse and refused to leave its side. She lost her faith in God and forgot about her two girls and husband.

The mother was consumed by her grief and forgot everything except her dead child, including herself. Fortunately, by the end of the novel, the mother realizes her two daughters and husband who were still for her and returns to the world of the living.

It's a story that taught them not to let their grief consume them. Do not mourn the dead; there are still living people who care for them.

When the story concluded and the world of the story faded away, their gaze returned to the classroom, and Ace and the other 1-A students fell silent.

After the literature class, Ace had two more subjects before lunch. Ace was not in the mood to eat anything, so he did not go to the canteen with the rest of the Class 1-A students.

He touted the other Class 1-A students for being bold, or simply stupid. Ace was thinking he needed some fresh air. According to his brother, there was a wood at Night Raven College. That's where he planned to go.

After seeing a cut log in the woods, he decided to sit on it and take his mind off the story.

Ace hated seeing the mother and witnessing her hug her child's corpse every day. Ace found the image repulsive, horrible, and disturbing.

He regretted his vote for the Grave of the Child.

Ace was relieved that, while the professor's peculiar magic impacted their senses of sight and hearing, their senses of smell, hearing, and touch remained unaffected.

After some time, he ended his respite and decided to head to the canteen for a fruit for his lunch. However, he encountered that tiny monster who caused havoc at the ceremony.

Pissed off by the tiny cretin's attitude and the things that happened in literature class, Ace was determined to take revenge and vent to the monster using his wind magic.

Ace wanted to hurt the small beast. However, Ace failed to account for the small monster's retaliation when threatened.

So now, both of them are horrified by the outcome of their wind and fire magic fight.

"Crap!"

"Ahhggk!"

An Ignihyde student then arrived. He glanced at the burning trees with dread and glared at them before planning on snitching at them.

The monster looked at him and proposed a suggestion.

"How about we stop our fight and run off?"

" It's too late, the Ignihyde student saw us and ran off! We're the culprits. It's better if we take out the fire so that we wouldn't be severely punished. "

Ace nervously suggested while he was still overwhelmed with fear.

' This is bad! I'm not good at Water or Ice Magic! '

While he was thinking those thoughts, he noticed that the monster had gone.

' That monster left me alone!! '

Clicking his tongue and gazing at the burning woods that became worse and worse, clutching the magic pen in his hand, Ace closed his eyes for a moment. Guilt and fear gnawed his nerves before he decided to also run away from the scene of the crime.