Ch15: Prospect Professor

Arc 2: Night Raven College

Ch1: Prospect Professor

Hans Christian Andersen has encountered many unusual and quirky people since his life as a human ended and he became a servant.

Heroes, criminals, anti-heroes, fellow artists, and jesters are all represented.

Wearing a half mask that resembled a bird's beak, brilliant golden eyes hidden behind the mask, pointed ears, short wavy black hair, and a greatcoat over his outfit with thick black bird feathers spiraling out from its blue collar. The coat's tip mimics bird wings.

The individual is dressed in black gloves with golden claw rings on his fingers. Three mirror accessories are affixed to his hip, and four golden keys dangle from him. Another mirror charm with three keys and a feather was fastened to his black top hat.

He was holding a key-shaped cane/staff with a golden raven handle.

The guy in front of him now falls into the latter category.

" This is the first time I've met a Gothic bird clown, which is intriguing."

Lily and Ashray were horrified after hearing Mister Hans's strong and blunt remarks.

'What is the winter are you doing, Mister Hans?! You're up against the famed Night Raven College's headmaster! '

Lily was experiencing mental panic. There was also a strong desire to strangle Mister Hans for his impoliteness.

' (sigh) I should have anticipated him to be like this. Why is Mister Hans this way? '

Dire Crowley, also known as the Gothic bird clown, was taken aback by Andersen's audacity.

When he received a call from Professor Trein before even arriving in the town of Ledusberg, he was taken aback. A phone call about a potential new lecturer at Night Raven College.

There was a talk in this approaching fresh batch about bringing back past curriculums that were deleted years ago since they were judged useless to teach at an Arcane Academy. Some academics have retired, and one is on a one-year leave. It was questioned whether some of the vacant subjects would be handed on to other professors who were already teaching some subjects, or if Dire Crowley would elect to hire new academics.

Dire Crowley hoped for the former; it would be great. However, the reality did not match his dream. The other professors who were considering taking on new subjects to teach have already made their suggestions.

Mozus Trein making a recommendation was unexpected. Hans Christian Andersen was the professor who was recommended.

His search for information on the individual yielded just a news item and a post in Magicam.

It was suspicious that other than that information, he couldn't locate anything about the (dwarf/fae).

However, he was amazed at Hans Christian Andersen's casting time and feats of magic.

Dire Crowley must recruit Hans Christian Andersen for his Night Raven College. He cannot allow Ambrose to take this man away and make Andersen his professor at Royal Sword Academy.

Professor Trein would not recommend someone if he did not believe that person has a good heart. Professor Trein has a good sense of character, which is one of the qualities that Crowley admires in him.

It would also be intriguing for him to visit this winter curse town, which he has only recently discovered of. When Crowley arrived, he discovered that the curse had already ended.

'Well, that's fine. I came here to look for a prospective lecturer, not for the town. '

Crowley could now claim that Hans Christian Andersen was an intriguing man, having met him.

" This is your first meeting with me, Mr. Hans Christian Andersen, and even if you are already aware of my identity, it would be impolite not to introduce myself. My name is Dire Crowley, and I am the headmaster of the Night Raven College, one of Twisted Wonderland's most prestigious academies."

Bowing his body from head to waist for a few moments, he looks back at Andersen, who is sitting on the sofa with his arms crossed, with an unimpressed expression. Andersen appears to be an arrogant, pampered little brat of nobility.

" And what could a headmaster who resembles a goth clown want from me?"

" You have been recommended by one of the professors to become one of the prospects, and I have seen the Magicam post of you casting magic, Mister Andersen. Dare I say I am impressed by your abilities, and I am amazed at how quickly you cast your spells."

Crowley looked around and noticed documents, ink, and a black feather quill pen with a mage stone.

" I see... So you're also an author; imagination has a big impact on magic spells, and it's a big part of casting magic."

Andersen was intrigued when he heard the name, Crowley. Back on Earth, there was a somewhat famous person named Crowley. It was said that he was an occultist and the wickedest man in the world. That man could have been turned into a servant by Alaya when he died.

' Imagination? Heh.. '

So, in Twisted Wonderland, imagination is crucial. He didn't lack in such areas; after all, he was an author. But what he lacks as an author is a dash of inspiration; without inspiration and materials, he would be unable to continue writing his stories.

Andersen has noticed that casting magic has become considerably easier for him since entering a twisted wonderland. His mage craft as well as mage craft gained from other Chaldean servants here was easier. Unlike on Earth, where he struggles to cast mage craft. It was also because, despite having EX rank mana, he was lacking in other areas.

Mana abounds in Twisted Wonderland. Almost comparable to the Age of Gods' back from Earth.

Aside from the free mana supply in his surroundings, it appears that his imagination influences his magic as well.

Crowley then handed Andersen a card. It was accepted by the latter.

" This is my business card and proof that you are one of the chosen prospects; if you want to apply for a job as a professor at Night Raven College, you can come to Night Raven College on August 2nd because I'm so nice."

Dire Crowley chose to leave once he had given Andersen the business card. A black feather landed in front of the door and Crowley disappeared.

Andersen has made a decision and picked up the feather, looking at Ashray and Arktis.