Chapter 63

๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙BROOKE ˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑

"YOU HAVE BEEN MY FRIEND. THAT IN ITSELF IS A TREMENDOUS THING"

"Tremendous in a children's book? Confuse my fucking baby, why don't you?"

The big grump seated a few chairs away from her grumbled.

He'd also complained about the moo cow in the book saying it was inappropriate.

Let's not forget the prince killing the dragon which he stated was 'too much violence for my kid'.

"Clay"

"Right. No cussing"

This man would stop cussing the minute she turned into Margot Robbie and that in itself was like telling the moon to turn yellow.

"I hate you cussing at my kid but no, she's already asleep"

Mia snored in her father's arms. Her tiny fists held her father's shirt and the moment deserved a million pictures.

"Right", he smiled, his huge hand rubbing the back of his neck like an awkward teenager.

A very handsome, very scruffy, very dripping hot teenage bad boy.

Oh God.

"I'll take her to bed"

He was up. Mia looked as minuscule in his arms as a jelly bean in a cookie jar.

Then as if he hadn't had enough of the children's books that pissed him off every five minutes. He picked them up with his other hand, strolling down the cabin to the master bedroom.

"Show off", Brooklyn muttered under her breath.

"What?"

The man behind the screen who was off rambling about their newest client reclined back in his seat, his suspicious brows furrowed.

"Nothing. It's nothing, Clint. Go on"

"You do know I could hear him read a book to Mia, right?"

No.

"You could? I thought I was as far away from them as possible"

"I could. It wasn't any bother. Nothing soothes the soul like listening to why the moo cow started mooing"

She chuckled.

Clay Cervantes was back and the bastard made sure Clint saw him walk by.

"Agh you said it was important. I didn't want to cancel this meeting so I did the best I could despite the...umm premises"

"Hey, I hear you. We can postpone this to tomorrow night? Is that okay with you?"

"No"

Clay's voice rattled the confines of the plane they were in.

Brooke glared at him.

Clint put up an easy smile that in all honesty, screamed offended.

"What I'm trying to say is, yes. Tomorrow night works"

"Great. Have fun tomorrow, send me some pictures of Munchies if you can"

The screen turned blue.

Brooke huffed. The grumpy pants from across the room glowered.

"What?"

"Come here. You are too far"

"I'm too far because you are infuriating"

This trip.

Wagging the mother of all goodies in front of her so that she could come.

He knew her body craved his. He knew only he could quench this need and he used it like cheese to a greedy mouse to capture her.