Chapter 39

๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙BROOKE ˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑

HIS HANDS pulled the edge of the towel that was currently wrapped around her.

She stumbled past the floorboards but Clay's body broke her fall.

"Had fun?"

Watching the sunset with his hand in her panties? Yeah, that was fun.

Having a man worship your body with such raw intensity was fun.

Her lips were swollen.

Her nipples still hard. From the cold or from his touch? It might have been both.

"Yeah, I wish it can be like this every day"

"It will", he kissed the top of her head.

Her wet hair was in spikes, might have been carrying that salty smell the sea came with but the half-naked man didn't mind it at all as he sniffed her hair ruffling it.

"It won't. I wish it could be but it won't because you Sir, have a lot of work waiting for you once we get back to LA and I have a feeling I'll be overwhelmed too by things back at home"

"This time it will be different. I've had a lot of work all my life because I didn't have anyone to share my life with in the first place.

LA? Here? We'll still be the same"

Her hands landed on his cheeks and the blue irises staring back at her made her hot and bothered.

"I think I want to skip dinner", she commented.

"That's tempting but no. You barely ate anything last night and I let that pass because of the jetlag but right now, I'm feeding you and after I get dessert"

The little smirk at the corners of his mouth had her brows pinched.

"Wait why do you get dessert and I don't?"

"You can't be greedy baby. You have all of me, only fair I have all of you and I'm sure as hell not sharing dessert. That... that's mine to eat, mine to lick and mine to bury my face"

"We are not still talking about dessert, are we?"

"No. I'll make dinner. Don't wear a thing"

She watched as his black sweatpants disappeared out of sight and once the lock on the door clicked, that smile she had been holding up fell.

She was overwhelmed...with everything. With him.

The 80's romcoms didn't describe love was like this. No, in their world or time for that matter, love was easy.

Sure the main characters went through something but in the end it was the perfect fairytale ending.

Her romcom however wasn't easy.

Her prince charming, her papi was beautiful, was kind, adored her more than how a kid adored jelly beans and everytime he said something like 'you are beautiful', 'you're all I need' her tears were just there ...

About to spill together with the truth that had struck an anvil to her chest weighing her down.

Getting her thoughts away from the illness eating her away, she mastered as much energy as she could and moved to Clay's closet.

She might have been comfortable around him, comfortable to the point of skinny dipping with her husband but she was not going to dinner...naked.

Opening his closet, his clothes were neatly hung up. Not a crease in sight, she couldn't say the same about her closet though.