Chapter 40

♥⁠╣CLAY╠⁠♥

TIGHTER THAN HE REMEMBERED and so consuming he thought his heart was done for, he plunged inside like he had just discovered what happiness should have felt like.

Happiness hugged all of him, happiness accepted him and gave him some sense of purpose.

His dick might have been thriving but so was his heart. His body. All of him.

One leg draped above his butt and the other hugging his other leg, he rocked even deeper.

And what was magical, that musical silence that only he and her knew of.

That glean in her eyes that shone brighter and brighter every time he pushed and embedded himself at the hilt.

And the eyes? Well the eyes never lied Chico.

She was feeling it, she was feeling him and she knew what this was.

As did he.

Pleasuring her had been his number one goal but somewhere along the way, she had pleased him too. Greatly, he wanted it to last forever.

And why? Why forever?

Because she looked him in the eye and lied about forever while they made love.

┌⁠(⁠・⁠。⁠・・⁠。⁠・♪

"That's perfect", Brooklyn cooed.

The saleslady's smile dwindled.

Stretching her hand out, the ever beautiful smile on her face, she batted her lashes at him.

It wasn't a statement. No, it was more of a question.

I like it, do you like it?

Clay looked at the small diamond ring and hated it.

If he had time to get her an engagement ring, it wouldn't be one with the smallest stone even a short-sighted person would miss it.

Tearing his head from the ring, past Brooklyn's curt smile, his eyes moved to the saleslady with the pink matching pantsuit and top blended with a carefully tucked chignon on her head.

"What do you think?"

"Sir? Well it's not my place but the double band is gorgeous ..but no offence ma'am, I think I've got the perfect ring for you. One that matches umm...you"

Brooklyn looked at her ring disappointedly.

"I don't think there's something wrong with this one"

"Get the ring", he ordered. The saleslady disappeared and Clay settled himself beside Brooklyn.

"That. That isn't good enough for you"

"Clay it's just a ring. It's what the ring means that's valuable"

He eyed the golden band around his finger and took it off.

Brooklyn followed the action.

Turning to her curious face, he handed her the band.

"Read what's inside"

Her nails clutched the surface of the ring and when she read it, a quizzical look dotted her face.

"In crime?"

He had the same face she wore when he read the inscription on his ring written in Italics.

It was meant a joke from his uncle Cayon. The man who had handled the rings in the first place.