Chapter 24

"I know I'm sorry Charlie, but you have to stay with grandma Donna while me and tay go to the awards show. I will make it up to you."

Annabelle told the little girl as the duo packed for their trip to the golden globes. The foster people have let Annabelle keep Charlie so far, Annabelle was thrilled.

"You better."

Charlie huffed crossing her arms across her chest, Annabelle chuckled patting the little girl on the forehead.

"Babe, did you end up finding out who's hosting?"

Annabelle asked as she stood behind the blonde, admiring her from the mirror in front of them.

"Oh yeah, it's just some random comedian by the name of Jo Koy."

Taylor said, Annabelle's face going sheet white and her arms falling to her sides. Annabelle's thoughts going a million miles an hour, she couldn't believe she was going to be in the same room as him again.

"Annie are you alright?"

Taylor asked as she saw her girlfriend frozen in place, Annabelle shaking her head not trusting her voice. Taylor turning around to hug Annabelle not sure what was wrong but she knew Annabelle would tell her what was wrong.

"That's him, that's the comedian."

Annabelle croaked out, Taylor looked at her sympathetic for her girlfriend.

"You don't have to go, I'm sure I could find someone else, Annie."

Taylor told Annabelle who shook her head she said she was going so she was going.

"No I'm going, I said I would, and he probably won't even bring it up."

Annabelle told Taylor, she was soon going to find out she was very wrong.

                 🏈🏈🏈

"We came on after a football double header."

Annabelle heard her ex begin his joke knowing there was going to be a joke about Taylor coming, he was always punching down.

"Do you know the difference between the nfl and the golden globes? There's less camera shots of Taylor Swift and Annabelle Kelce."

Annabelle rolled her eyes as she heard the bald man make the joke, champagne glass in hand.

"Speaking of Annabelle Kelce, long time no see, from memory the last time I saw you I was on top."

Annabelle's eyes widened, glass shattering in her hand as she heard those words come out of that man's mouth.

"But I guess you swapped good sex for money."

He continued, the whole audience in shock, not very many people finding it funny.

"That's it I'm going to punch that man."

Taylor said trying to get up Annabelle pulling her back down in her seat.

"I'm not letting you get in trouble for me."