Chapter 10

Taylor

Selena was waiting inside Taylor's apartment when Taylor returned back home, startling Taylor when she spoke up.

"So how was it? I need all the details."

Selena spoke up breaking the silence that shrouded Taylor's apartment, causing Taylor to jump. Taylor had neglected to get changed out of Annabelle's clothes when she had returned to the hotel before her flight, and this did not go unnoticed by Selena.

"Oh my god, you're where her clothes, you slept over."

Selena said as she went over to Taylor to give her a hug, the overwhelming smell of smoke and musk coming off the clothes that Taylor was wearing. Almost all of Annabelle's clothes smelt like smoke as a result of her job and the musk was from the woman's body wash, the mixture of smells that Taylor had grown to love over the short period of time.

"I did sleep over but all we did was sleep, her mother was there."

Taylor told Selena whose eyes went wide at the mention that Taylor had already met one of the woman's parents.

"You met her mum?!"

Selena exclaimed, meeting the parents was not a first date occasion.

"It's not like her mother was there when I got there, her mother made an unexpected visit."

Taylor tried to justify, as the friends made over to kitchen bench.

"Still you met her mother. What was she like?"

Selena asked, still a little stuck on the fact that Taylor was wearing a shirt that had Annabelle's station number on it.

"Annabelle or her mother?"

Taylor questioned,

"Both, but Annabelle first. I want to know what the woman who has my best friend smitten like?"

Selena told Taylor, who laughed as she got a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"Oh she is the best. Like she actually got the guys to come inside if you would be that?"

Taylor said, her best friend gasping at the fact that Annabelle managed to get the guys to come inside.

"How?"

Selena said with wide eyes, Taylor taking a sip from her water before answering this.

"She had this insane security system, I do think she is a touch paranoid but she has her reasons. Like 8 different cameras that show different vantage points, more than the guys could have covered without drawing attention."

Taylor explained, Selena nodded her head it seemed like the woman was a bit paranoid.

"Okay what else? What did you like about her?"

Selena asked Taylor, who did a happy spin, as she thought about all the things she liked about her.

"Well she's a great cook, like you two would get along. She had to leave part way through our date. And that's on me I pushed our date back a day because I was hungover and she was on call that day."

Taylor told Selena, who shook her head, leave it to Taylor to get hungover.

"And you stayed after she left you alone with her mum, I assume?"

Selena asked, Taylor nodded, Selena smiled at her friend, who was taking a sip of her water.

"Apparently they have a rivalry with another station and they like fully vandalised their station. Like breaking stuff and graffiti."