Chapter 9

Annabelle

Annabelle jolted up, a groggy Taylor very confused as to why, before she saw the truely terrified look on Annabelle's face.

"Annabelle, Annabelle wake up it's fine. You're alright."

Taylor managed to shake Annabelle awake, Annabelle turning to her and for the first time Taylor got to see the fully scared expression on Annabelle's face.

"I thought he got you, he said that I should have joined him now he's going to take everything I love."

Annabelle sobbed, Taylor caught completely off guard by Annabelle's I love you.

"You love me?"

Taylor questioned, as Annabelle sobbed into her chest,

"I loved you before I even met you, you are my favourite person, and it's only going to grow from here. And I'm sorry if I scared you but that's how my brain works if it's too much get out while you still can."

Annabelle told Taylor, her expression softened as Annabelle spoke, but Taylor had just reasonably came out of a long term relationship and felt like she couldn't say anything romantic just yet.

"I'm not going anywhere, but can I ask who he is?"

Taylor asked as she put her arms around Annabelle as the woman continued to cry.

"My ex Micheal, the arsonist. He told me he would come back and destroy everything I hold dear. Why do you think I have such an extensive security system, he knows my mum comes to visit me sometimes and I need her to be safe."

Annabelle told Taylor, sure most of Taylor's exs were bad but none were come back and kill ya bad, and she felt terrible that she lived in this fear.

"You're fine, he can't get you here, I will protect you."

Taylor told Annabelle as she thought it that moment she didn't want to make Annabelle live in fear.

"You can't promise that, Taylor."

Annabelle hiccuped, looking up at Taylor who smiled at her,

"I've kept myself safe all these years, I can keep you safe I will keep you safe. I like you, Annie."

Taylor told Annabelle not feeling like she could say I love you even though she could tell in a day or so she would feel like she was in love.

"Taylor-"

"No Annie I will protect you, you hear me?"

Taylor interrupted Annabelle, Annabelle nodded, she started to get used to Taylor calling her Annie.

"Now let's go back to sleep because what time do you need to be up?"

Taylor asked Annabelle, Annabelle didn't start her shift until lunchtime but she needed to be up and ready for it, so the latest she could be up was 10.

"Probably 8, I don't need to be in till 12 but I need time."

Annabelle told Taylor with a yawn, Taylor nodded, as they sunk back down to sleep.

🏈🏈🏈

Annabelle and Taylor woke to the sound of Annabelle's alarm blaring. Some time between when the alarm went off and when they had woken up in the middle of the night Annabelle had lost her shirt but her and Taylor remained firmly attached to each other.

"Couldn't you have picked a more pleasant alarm sound?"

Taylor complained as she pushed her hair out of her face trying to fix her bangs before she got out of bed. It wasn't until Taylor turned around to see Annabelle just in a bra and underwear that she was truly startled awake.