Cindy and William- Part 4

[Bad news guys... I've just realized that... Ive been misspelling Driscol... Its supposed to be Driscal. 🫠]
(And these stupid Wattpad glitches are making me hate writing on here. But it's quicker and easier than writing on paper.)
(Video not mine- From YouTube)

Cindy's pov

*~*~*~*~*

Things have been so hectic recently. I don't even know what's happened to my life.
There was the whole thing with Mr. Driscal, him coming over to the house, threatening us and wanting Peter back. Then his rage over took him, he tried too- he would have- he- well, he could have even killed Cole.

The fight was more of a beating. Cole was badly injured that night. I'm just glad he survived yet another horrible ordeal. My poor baby boy has been though so much. At least him and Peter have each other. I don't know where they'd be without each other.

I mean, just think about it. Cole hurting Peter is what started all of this. Cole got sent to the island, attacked by the spirit bear, was given one last chance then even Peter went to the island. 2 years later, here we are. Finally somewhere good.
If none of that had happened, then I could have still been in a horrible, loveless marriage and Cole would be in jail.

"Cindy!"

"Huh?" I mumbled, not realizing how zoned out I was.

"Uh, you were completely out of it. Again. Were you overthinking?" William asked.

"Uh, wh-what no!" I said, waving my hand down.

He stared at my blankly, his eyebrows raised.

"Okay. Maybe. Just a bit." I said, quickly taking a sip of my drink.

Me and William were eating lunch at the hospital, since I didn't want to be to far from Cole.
The food was good enough to get down, but it was still hospital food.

"Cole's stable now, you don't need to be here everyday, by his side." William said.

I frowned, tilting my head, "He's my son. I care about him. Of course I'm gong to worry!"

"Your not helping yourself though. You'll probably end up in the hospital with him if you don't relax." He said.

I looked down, poking at my food. I hate to say it, but he was right.

"I guess it would be nice to have a self care day, get away from the hospital and all the other stress for awhile." I said, thinking about all of the things I could finally do for myself.

"How's your job been? Are things going well?" William blurted out.

"Yeah, things have been alright. It may not be the most fun or exciting, but I like working. Having something to do. What about you?" I said.

"Eh, kinda boring to be honest. I've been doing the same job for years now. It gets tiring after awhile." He said sullenly.

"Maybe you should quit, run away to an island!" I said positively.

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Oh, maybe one day." Then he looked back up at me, his expression softening.

~