Chapter 30

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Neo's POV

I was half a second away from planting my lips on Mark's when he suddenly spoke.

"When will you be seeing Louis again?" he asked.

The question threw me for a loop.

Of all the questions to ask, right here on my bed, when I was just about to make passionate love to him.

I couldn't answer his question immediately. I couldn't remember exactly when Louis broke up with me. It seemed so long ago now. Maybe because since the initial shock and pain of the breakup Louis no longer stayed in my thoughts. Maybe because ever since he became a pilot on international flights he had found less and less time for me. Maybe a long distance relationship was not for me. Or maybe my feelings for Louis were not stable enough or deep enough. I don't really know. Maybe I should look deeper into myself.

But in the meantime Mark was here for me. What exactly did I feel for Mark?

Mark has a very attractive face. He is cute and cuddly. But I guess I haven't known him long enough to be able to say that we share the same ideas and interests. Does he have a good sense of humor? Will he laugh at the jokes that I find funny? Does he enjoy the same kind of food that I do? There was still so much to know about him, now that I stop to think about it.

I was so deep in my thoughts that I realized only belatedly that Mark was still waiting for my answer. He had asked when I was going to see Louis again.

"Louis and I are no longer together," I replied. "He broke up with me."

"How long ago was that?" he asked.

I had to stop and think. It seemed so long ago.

"I would say a week and a half ago," I replied.

"That's very recent," he remarked. "You must still be hurting. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought him up into our conversation."

"Yes, you shouldn't have," I agreed. I wanted to add, "If you hadn't brought him up you would be moaning in pleasure right now." But of course I kept those thoughts to myself.

"Why did he break up with you?" Ohgod, Mark just wouldn't let go of the topic.

"I called him a whore," I replied truthfully.

I heard him gasp.

"And why did you call him a whore???" his voice grew shrill with shock and disbelief.

Ohdeargod, I really didn't want to recount the whole experience but Mark was waiting for me to give him an explanation.

"I called him up one evening and someone else answered his phone and told me that Louis was in the shower. I told that person to tell Louis to call me as soon as he got out of the shower. By the time that Louis called me, I was seething with rage and the first words that came out of my mouth was 'Who are you sleeping with, you whore?' "

I had barely finished recounting what happened between Louis and myself when Mark suddenly stood up and walked quickly towards the living room and started to pick up his discarded shirt from the carpeted floor.

I chased after him and grabbed his wrist before he could put his shirt back on.

"What are you doing, Mark?" I asked anxiously.

"I don't think that we..." he had started to say but I didn't want to hear the rest of it.

I let go of his wrist and pulled him towards me, placing one arm around his waist and using my other hand to cradle his head and gently pushing his face into my chest.

"I understand if you're scared of me now," I whispered into his ear. "Please don't be. I will never ever hurt you in any way. That's a promise."

He pulled away from me to look me square in my eyes.

"I really would like to believe you Neo, but if I stop to think about it, I still don't know you well enough to be certain that you're sincere about what you have just said."

I let out a sigh. I had to admit that what he had said was true.