Chapter 27

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Neo regretted not running after Aungpao when Aungpao rushed out of his house last night.

Neo knew that he shouldn't have taken Mark's call while he and Aungpao were in the middle of a lovemaking session.

Neo tossed and turned all night.

Neo felt groggy from lack of sleep when he got out of bed. He was still feeling guilty about treating Aungpao shabbily last night. Maybe he should go over to Aungpao's house to apologize and try to make it up to him by inviting him out for breakfast.

Neo glanced at his bedroom clock. Drat it was going to be too late to ask him out for breakfast, He probably was getting ready for school.

Neo rushed out of his house forgetting that he hadn't put a shirt on yet. Thankfully he was still in his bottom pajamas.

He was already at the entrance of Aungpao's driveway when he bumped hard into someone. That someone almost lost his balance but Neo was able to catch him just in time.

"Sorry about that," Neo muttered after making sure that the guy was steady again.

Neo rushed towards the front door and pressed on the buzzer.

Mr. Suwanacheep opened the front door. He was in his business attire holding his briefcase. He looked at Neo in surprise.

"I'm sorry," said Neo, "but can I have a quick word with Aungpao."

"Sure," said Mr. Suwanacheep, stepping aside to let Neo into the living room. "I'm on my way to work as you can see so I will wish you a good day."

Neo bowed politely and went in search of Aungpao.

Aungpao gasped when he walked into the living room to find Neo standing there with only his lower pajamas on, his hair uncombed.

"I just wanted to say how sorry I am..." Neo had begun to say but Aungpao interrupted him.

"As you can see I'm rushing to catch my school bus," Aungpao said, brushing past Neo and heading towards the front door.

"Can we talk later when you come home from school?" Neo asked.

"I don't think it's a good idea," Aungpao said as he ran into the driveway and out into the street to catch the waiting school bus whose driver was already honking impatiently.

Neo bowed apologetically to Mr. Suwanacheep as he passed by him in the driveway. Mr. Suwanacheep was talking to the guy whom Neo had bumped into earlier.

Neo walked back to his house, cursing at himself for mindlessly leaving his front door wide open for some dangerous stranger to walk into. Thankfully he lived in a safe neighborhood where everybody knew everybody else.

Neo closed and then locked his front door before going to take his morning shower.

He did his morning routine leisurely. He didn't have to go to work till later in the afternoon. He worked at a twenty four hour urgent care clinic as a medical assistant taking preliminary information from a patient before being seen by the doctor or nurse practitioner.

While taking his shower Neo tried to look deeper into himself and thought carefully about putting his messy affairs back in order.

Maybe Aungpao was right. Maybe it was indeed not a good idea to continue seeing Aungpao. Maybe he should just focus on furthering his medical career. Maybe he shouldn't be content with just a desk job at the clinic that he worked for. Maybe he should study to be a doctor.

After Neo got out of the shower, he put his clothes on and got ready to leave the house. He planned to go to the nearby coffee shop for breakfast. He was in no mood to have a quiet breakfast all by himself. At least at the coffee shop there would be other customers having breakfast like himself. Who knows he might meet someone with whom he could strike up a conversation.

At the coffee shop he ordered a couple of steamed buns with sweet and salty shredded pork filling and a large coffee with hazelnut cream but no sugar.

Neo thanked the food server who brought his food and drink to his table.

Neo looked up just in time to see Mark walk into the coffee shop.

Neo half expected Mark to be with Gawin but Mark was by himself.

"Mark!" Neo called out to catch Mark's attention.

"Hey!" Mark said with a broad grin on his face. "You're just the person I was hoping to bump into this morning!"

"Why?" Neo asked coyly.

"I'm looking for someone to buy me breakfast this morning," Mark replied.

"Not a problem," Neo replied. "But as a saying goes, there's no such thing as a free lunch, but in this case a free breakfast."

It was Mark's turn to say, "Not a problem."