Chapter 20

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Bambam's POV

"I had a really fun evening," Louis had said to me after we had returned from the movie and our dinner date.

We were still inside my car at the airport where I had parked in my allotted spot.

"I'm glad you did," I said. "I really appreciate that you agreed to come on a date with me."

He nodded slightly with a faint smile.

I leaned a little bit closer to him. He looked at me, the smile still on his face.

I had been smiling too but I felt the need to kiss him so my smile changed into a serious look.

He must have sensed my need because he leaned forward and met me halfway.

I reached out and pulled him close.

His lips were already slightly open when I pressed my mouth on his.

I kissed him gently at first but when I felt his arm go around my back, I deepened the kiss.

My heart was beating so loudly that I was sure he could hear it.

I stopped kissing him and lowered my mouth to the side of his neck.

He tilted his head back ever so slightly, his breathing coming in a deep and slow pattern.

The skin on his neck felt silken. I parted my lips to taste it.

"Neo ..." I heard him whisper.

I let go of him like his whole body had suddenly tuned into a live burning coal.

He looked at me with wide panicked eyes.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Bambam, please forgive me!" he pleaded, clinging to my arm when I made the move to get out of my car. "Don't leave yet, please."

I stayed in the car as he wished but I kept my head down, just looking at my hands resting limply on my lap. I couldn't bring myself to look at him as he spoke. I felt so deeply hurt.

There was an awkward silence. He took a deep breath before he spoke.

"Bambam. you must believe me when I say that I didn't mean to say out his name. I don't even know how it happened. I had just whispered it mindlessly. I was not even thinking of him. I was well aware that it was you who was kissing me," he spoke tearfully.

"Do you honestly expect me to believe what you're saying?" I asked, looking at him this time and searching his face for a reaction.

His eyes glistened and soon the tears overflowed and spilled down his cheeks.

Dammit, I softened up and reached out to hug him.

"Okay, maybe you really didn't mean to say his name," I said gently. "But my heart still hurts badly."

He broke away from my embrace.

"I will make it up to you," his voice came in so soft that I almost didn't hear what he said.

He stepped out of my car quickly before I could react.

I followed him as he made his way quickly back to our quarters.

"What are you doing?" I asked, my heart in my throat when I saw him hurriedly take off his shirt and pants.

"I'm going to take a shower," he said, walking into the bathroom.

Before I could ask if I could join him, his phone started to ring. It was not a generic ringtone. It was a personalized one.

My heart rate was shooting through the roof when I picked up his pants from the carpeted floor and dug into his pocket to fish out his phone.

Shit, it was the blasted Neo.

I swiped the screen.

"This is Louis' phone," I said into the phone. "Who's calling, please?" I added, pretending that I had not read his name on the screen.

"This is his boyfriend. Who are you? Where is Louis?" the voice came in so cold and hostile that I actually felt shivers run down my spine.

But I wasn't going to back away without a fight.

"Louis is in the shower right now," I said. I couldn't keep the smugness from my voice. "But I can take a message for him."

The phone screen went blank.

Louis came out of the bathroom with only an olive green towel draped around his waist.

I instantly felt the stiffening inside my pants.

But I had to tell him what happened while he was in the shower.

"Your phone rang while you were in the shower and I answered it for you," I said nervously, expecting him to get upset.

"Who called?" he asked calmly.

"Neo," I replied nervously.

He picked up his phone which I had placed on the bed after Neo had cut the call.

I watched as he tapped on his phone to return Neo's call.

I have no idea what Neo said to him but without a word Louis tapped on his screen and ended the call.

I searched his face. It looked grim and there was just a hint of pink on his cheeks.

He set his phone on the lamp stand by the bed.

In just a few seconds his phone rang again. He ignored the call.

"I'm gonna leave you to take my shower," I said.

"Go ahead," he said as he rummaged through his dresser drawer for a pair of pajamas.

I was not yet inside the bathroom when I heard Louis' phone ringing once more.

I heard it ring and ring and ring until it fell silent.

"Stay with me tonight, please," Louis said when I stepped out of the bathroom.

"Of course," I replied, my heart  beating dangerously fast again.

Louis kept his promise of making it up to me for the huge mistake he had made in the car when I was kissing his neck. 

This night would be the most memorable night in my entire life. The way he responded to my kisses left nothing to be desired.

Before we fell asleep in happy and satisfied exhaustion I saw him pick up his phone from the lamp stand and tap several times on the screen. Then I heard the sound of a text being sent. I assumed that it was a text to Neo but I dared not ask what he had said in his text.