Chapter 15

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Gawin's POV

I sat at the table nursing my drink.

The bartender at the pub had apologized to me for making that lame joke about Mark being my newest boy toy. He said he did not expect Mark to take his joke seriously. The bartender had always seen me coming in here all by myself and so when he finally saw me come in with someone he had to go and make that crazy joke which Mark had taken seriously.

I had gotten upset with Mark for thinking that I was the kind of person that the bartender had joked about so I did not continue to try to persuade Mark to stay when I saw that he was determined to leave me.

A waiter had approached me to ask if I wanted to order anything to go with my drink.

"No, thanks," I said and stood up from the table.

I decided to try to persuade Mark one more time to stay with me but when I stepped out of the pub, Mark was no longer standing at the curb. 

I ran over to the breakwaters to see if Mark was sitting there.

Ohgahd no, I saw him just in time stepping into a car. It was not a taxicab. It was someone's private car.

I ran back to the pub parking lot and jumped inside my car.

I revved up my car and tailed the car that Mark was in.

Who the hell was the driver. The car wasn't his brother Max's. I know his brother Max's car.

I cursed when another motorist cut into my lane but I made sure that the car that Mark was in was within my vision.

Shit, the car was not going in the direction of his brother Max's house. Max is so gonna kill me when he finds out that Mark and I did not come back together.

Where the hell is Mark going to.

I continued to follow the car that Mark was in.

After what seemed an eternity I noticed that the car had slowed down and had turned into a driveway.

I parked my car by the curb just outside the driveway and stepped out of my car but thought the better of it. I did not want to make a scene inside someone's driveway.

I settled back inside my car and waited.

I had planned to wait for Mark to come out and then explain to him that the bartender had made a stupid joke and that I had to be the one to bring him home because that was what his brother Max was expecting me to do.

I listened to some music while waiting for Mark.

I don't know how long I had waited in my car. What was Mark doing inside that person's house. It was taking Mark an awful long time to come back out.

Then an idea occurred to me.

I called Max and explained to him what happened at the pub.

"That stupid brother of mine," Max muttered on the other end. "Let me call him."

"No, no, no," I said to Max. "If he knows that I'm out here waiting he might decide not to come out of the house. In fact he might decide to stay overnight in that friend's house."

"I won't tell him," Max assured me. "Leave it to me, Just wait where you are. He will be out in a few minutes, you'll see."

I don't know what Max had said to Mark but in a few minutes I saw him come out of the front door.

I saw Mark pulling his phone out of his pocket. He was probably trying to call for a taxicab.

When he was already by the curb I got out of my car.

"Mark!" I called out to him.

"Mark!"

Shit, someone had stepped out of the house and had come running after Mark. That must have been the person whom Mark had been with all night.

Mark looked at me wide eyed and then turned his head to the guy who had come running after him.

I stepped forward and approached Mark, ignoring the other guy.

"Mark, please listen to me," I begged. "The bartender had been making a stupid joke and had apologized to me about it."

"How do I know that you're telling the truth?" Mark asked.

Before I could reply, the other guy stepped in front of Mark.

"Are you Gawin?" he asked.