Chapter 5

A/N: The image above does not belong to me

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Neo's POV

It's now almost evening and no one has greeted me except for Mark.

I wasn't too surprised that my parents had forgotten about my birthday. Their priority will always be the success of their hotel business.

I sighed loudly as I plopped myself on my couch and turned my TV on.

The early evening news came on just as my front door bell rang.

I forgot to peek through my front door eye hole and opened it without thinking.

"Surprise!"

"Louis, holy shit!"

I was beside myself with happiness and shock to see Louis standing outside my front door with a large box in his hands.

I stepped aside to let him in.

"Take this," he said, handing the big box over to me. "I need to go back to the car to give you your birthday present."

"You mean this box is not my present?" my eyes widened at him.

"That's your birthday cake," he said. "Go ahead and set it on the table while I get your present from the trunk of my car."

"Okay, sweetheart, whatever you say," I said happily as I walked over to the dining room to set the large box containing my birthday cake on the dining table.

I had barely set down the large box on the dining table when Louis walked in, his hand extended to me. He was holding a rectangular flat box that had a large gold bow in the center.

"What is this?" I asked with a big smile.

"Open it," he said.

I excitedly tore the thin flimsy wrapper.

I gasped when I saw a large portrait of myself in mosaic art form.

"Where and when did you have this done?" I asked, the happiness overflowing in my chest.

"In an art shop not far from Suvarnabhumi Airport," he replied, still smiling widely.

I carefully set down the frame on the center table of the living room.

Then I picked up Louis in my arms, twirling him around before setting him down on the floor and planting a kiss full on his lips.

"Oh, excuse me," we heard a voice from the doorway.

We had forgotten to close the door shut after Louis had walked in.

Mark stood there, holding a large box of what was obviously a birthday cake for me.

He quickly set down the box on the floor just inside the door and turned around and ran away.

"Wait!" I called out to him.

I tried to run after him but Louis held me back.

"Don't," said Louis. "He obviously didn't want to stay, otherwise he wouldn't have ran away."

"I guess you're right," I agreed, walking over to pick up the box that Mark had set on the floor by the doorway.

"Whose birthday cake should I eat first?" I asked Louis with a teasing smile.

"How do you know that that's a birthday cake that you're holding?" he asked.

"Well, only one way to find out," I said, walking over to the couch and sitting down to place the box on my lap.

I carefully peeled off the tape that held the flap of the box closed.

I slowly opened the flap.

Louis peered into the box at the same time that I did.

Then we looked at each other in open-mouthed shock.